Windows 10: Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

Discus and support Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, im trying to make a clean install of Windows 10 using the Clean all comand, after i did : diskpart list disk select disk clean all what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xhemal1325, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

Hi guys, im trying to make a clean install of Windows 10 using the Clean all comand, after i did :
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk
    clean all

what should i do next, exit and leave the setup countinue, and i should format it from command promt ?! btw im in UEFI mode .

:)

xhemal1325, Sep 22, 2017
  2. johanbbbe Win User

Black screen on trying a clean install of Windows 10, with TPM warning

Hello Greg,

indeed ,it was windows 8,but no problem with the free upgrade to windows 10,even not with the anniversary-update,everything works fine.I did not to have to do something special ,the program was installing itselves with the windows-assistant.

I think i killed my old motherboard with a "free program-updater",everybody should avoid these things.

Kind regards

johan

johanbbbe, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Black screen on trying a clean install of Windows 10, with TPM warning

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

If this is the model that came with Windows 8.1, how were you able to retrieve Windows 10 free upgrade license?

The reason I ask is that some report that Support allows reactivating free Upgrade after a motherboard change, while others say both the old and new licenses die with a motherboard change unless it's replaced with the exact same model.

Thanks. Knowing this will help others.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 22, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

Boot the computer from the Windows 10 USB flash drive or DVD. Go through until you get the option for a custom install. Select the custom install option. The next screen should show the hard drive (or SSD) with nothing but one big unallocated space on it. Highlight the unallocated space and click Next. Let Windows setup create what it wants on the hard drive or SSD.

Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!! [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  5. Lol, you didnt understand me right ? *Smile, i should have added question : Should I create a new partition manualy or leave windows do it, since i have already done the above commands !

edit : I wanted to do a fully HDD format instead of quick format (meaby to get a better HDD performance )

xhemal1325, Sep 22, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The answer is still the same. The best way to avoid future problems is to let Windows setup partition the hard drive/SSD by picking the unallocated space to install to and clicking on Next.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

1. Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!! - Similar Threads - Trying clean install

2. trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop: So how this started, my son was watching Youtube. It reset and got stuck in an endless reboot/startup. I tried downloading a fresh windows 10 and it went straight to the orange screen with grey vertical lines. After various things, i pulled a drive from another computer,...
  3. trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop: So how this started, my son was watching Youtube. It reset and got stuck in an endless reboot/startup. I tried downloading a fresh windows 10 and it went straight to the orange screen with grey vertical lines. After various things, i pulled a drive from another computer,...
  4. PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.: Hello, Today I did a completely fresh windows install, and now my computer is making a mechanical 'churning' noise- it's the noise that all PCs make when doing a particularly intensive task like downloading files etc, but now it is happening for a second or two if I open a...
  5. Trying to make a clean installation of windows 10 pro, but in installation procedure the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to make a clean installation of windows 10 pro, but in installation procedure the...: I bought a used computer with preinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise, and I can't make a clean install with the Pro version. My computer was hacked, and I decided to make a clean install using a retail Windows 10 Pro installed on an Usb media. During installation my computer...
  6. I'm trying to do a clean install of windows

I'm trying to do a clean install of windows: I plugged in the windows USB thing but don't know which one to boot from, which one is it http://imgur.com/a/0aV8nKs submitted by /u/DotzAbOt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iixr19/im_trying_to_do_a_clean_install_of_windows/
  7. Trying to make a Win10 flashdrive for a clean install, not sure what's going wrong.

Trying to make a Win10 flashdrive for a clean install, not sure what's going wrong.: submitted by /u/meteoritehunter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg5mky/trying_to_make_a_win10_flashdrive_for_a_clean/
  8. I tried clean installing windows on my laptop

I tried clean installing windows on my laptop: So i had problems with ny laptop, so i tried Clean installing windows and i i format my c drive and continued the installation on the same drive, it proceeds further and all the steps are done and when tye last finishing the set up set is supposed to be completed the...
  9. Trying to do a clean install

Trying to do a clean install: I keep getting an 025 error about 60 percent into installing Win 10 on a new WD 1TB drive. I've deleted and formatted partitions, and only used the one drive, others disconnected. I upgraded from 7 to 10 some time back and that's on another drive but I want to do a clean...
  10. Windows 10 clean install help, tried several things

Windows 10 clean install help, tried several things: Hey everyone, new member here, and of course I have an issue and need help! I'll try to make this as detailed as possible. I bought a new HP Slimline Desktop (model 410-010) and I am having trouble installing Windows 10 on a SSD I installed in it. This computer came with...