Windows 10: Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...

Discus and support Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new user separate on 2 different Storage drives. Also, I just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Altowhite1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...

Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new user separate on 2 different Storage drives.

Also, I just made the New User

So do I move the users' profile to the other drive or do I set the setting of the user's default drive to the new drive? or is there something completely different I don't know?

:)

Altowhite1, Aug 20, 2020

2. New User Profile

System Restore does NOT affect user data. If I was in your position I would take these steps:

1. Install System Restore Explorer. It lets you access user data that
      IS actually contained in restore points but does not get restored by the restore mechanism.

http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/
    2. Treat this event as an incentive to set up a robust backup scheme. Important data must at all times be stored on at least two independent media.

Frederik Long, Aug 20, 2020
  3. I'm trying to add a new user.

What happens when you try to switch to that new user account?

Let me also recommend that you try adding a user as a "local user account" (the kind that would have been on Windows 7 and earlier). Here's how:

• Add a new user, but don't provide an email address
    • Instead, click "I don't have this person's sign in information"
    • Then click "sign in without a Microsoft Account"
    • Provide a username/password and complete the process

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 20, 2020
  4. Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...

1. Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new... - Similar Threads - Trying user computer

2. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  3. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  4. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  5. New user, new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user, new computer: I have a new Win11 computer. My old one on Win10 uses OneDrive as a backup when I ask it to synch. It never asked me to pay for that, and the documents remain on the hard drive. The new one recognized me instantly and set up OneDrive as its document folder and subfolders. To...
  6. Help making new user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help making new user account: ok so I made this new user account(through cmd prompt) for guest purposes because my default account has way too many adobe products running in the background does anyone know if its possible for my guest account to not have the adobe products installed but the default user...
  7. Make A New User Outside Of Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make A New User Outside Of Settings: Recently my settings have completely stopped working, it doesnt even flash when i try and open them, i have tried using run to do ms-settings but it says the app is not installed, i assume that settings has somehow been completely uninstalled from my device and all i can...
  8. How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?: Essentially I want to have the same effect as just changing the name of the user would do, except without changing the user's name. Thanks for any help you can provide! submitted by /u/DeathScrub [link] [comments]...
  9. Found suspicious new user on my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Found suspicious new user on my computer: When I was signing in one day, I spotted a new user on my lock screen. I got rid of that user in settings, but another day it came back!! I started to get suspicious that my computer was infected but I got rid of that thought when I scanned my computer with Norton power...
  10. Make new user with premade user file

Make new user with premade user file: There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on new account, how can i do that? submitted by /u/wasted_name [link] [comments]...