Windows 10: Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the...

Discus and support Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop today and wanted to create a usb recovery drive before doing anything else. Updated Windows, then started the process, about 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pyrocy779, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the...

Just got a new laptop today and wanted to create a usb recovery drive before doing anything else. Updated Windows, then started the process, about 2 hours later during the last 10% or so I get the message with no error code or anything. I’m using a 16GB thumb drive.

Edit: So after checking the thumb drive, it’s been renamed ‘RECOVERY’ and has 1.91GB of 14.8GB free.

submitted by /u/Pyrocy779
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pyrocy779, Jun 5, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the...

Windows 10 Recovery Drive

I have a new Dell with Windows 10 absolutely unused.

Step 1 was to complete Windows setup - done.

Step 2 is to create recovery drive - error message each time I try following the instructions.

I've read all of the suggestions on the site, none work for me.

I never get the option of selecting a drive though I have inserted an empty 8Gb Sandisc - I just get the error message.

Surely this must be simple.

bryancarter50, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the...

1. Trying to make a recovery drive for a new laptop and during the last ~10% I get the... - Similar Threads - Trying recovery drive

2. Try to make a new pin for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try to make a new pin for new laptop.: I trying to make anew pin a anew laptop to be set up. It will not let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-make-a-new-pin-for-new-laptop/b5e6aea1-6caf-4180-a7d2-cecffbacb230
  3. Try to make a new pin for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try to make a new pin for new laptop.: I trying to make anew pin a anew laptop to be set up. It will not let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-make-a-new-pin-for-new-laptop/b5e6aea1-6caf-4180-a7d2-cecffbacb230
  4. Why can't I make a Recovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I make a Recovery Drive?: I',m trying to create a recovery drive and for some reason the system won't let me. It gives no reason or error code. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-make-a-recovery-drive/c22b54b4-55d5-4c18-b4e4-53127fff026e
  5. I have a new Dell Deesktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new Dell Deesktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it...: I have a new Dell Desktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it will not do it. When I attempt it just says I need a drive with at least 32GB and everything on it will be deleted. When I tried to use I use the Microsoft suggestion that I uncheck...
  6. I have a new Dell Deesktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it...

I have a new Dell Deesktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it...: I have a new Dell Desktop running Windows 11. I am trying to make a Recovery Drive but it will not do it. When I attempt it just says I need a drive with at least 32GB and everything on it will be deleted. When I tried to use I use the Microsoft suggestion that I uncheck...
  7. Problems with making recovery drive

Problems with making recovery drive: I want to do a recovery drive. The manuals write that I need a 32GB USB drive. But the "Create recovery drive" wizzard, with the option "save system files", asks only for a 16GB USB stick. The problem can not be with the USB stick, because the wizzard asks for the 16GB stick...
  8. Cant make a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant make a recovery drive: When I go to make a recovery drive it says Some required files are missing and i looked at another support conversation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-windows-10-recovery-drive-some/6dd29184-2ddd-48f2-803a-a788cf9345b0and tried \reagentc...
  9. Why can't I make a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I make a recovery drive?: The error message snip says it all. What has happened to my PC? It is a legit Win7 + the free update to Win10. I have the Win7 disk. It acts like it will work but then hangs with a few colored dots on the screen. Anyway, I need recovery. Please help me out....
  10. I got a new laptop with preinstalled windows 10 home. Should I make a recovery drive or is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a new laptop with preinstalled windows 10 home. Should I make a recovery drive or is...: The digital license is linked to my Microsoft account so that means I won't lose it even if I do a fresh install, right? I don't mind reinstalling all the drivers and softwares again on a fresh install if and when I do need it. I just wanted to ask if it's okay to not make a...