Windows 10: Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

Discus and support Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is missing. Have run DSIM and SFC. First pass SFC seemed to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaroldDowda, May 12, 2024.

1. Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is missing. Have run DSIM and SFC. First pass SFC seemed to find a problem, but I cannot be sure it repaired it. Still getting the error message.

:)

HaroldDowda, May 12, 2024

2. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2024
  3. tollbooth Win User
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me go any farther. If I uncheck it, it just asks me for 1 GB of space, and I can proceed easily.

Is it really possible that I have at least 128 GB of system files? If I do, is there a way to safely trim them down? Or am I going to have to settle for creating a recovery disc without the system files?

(Windows 10 Home version# 1903)

tollbooth, May 12, 2024
  4. Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

Recovery Drive versus System Repair Disc

In Windows 10 there are two different operating system recovery/repair programs:

• Using Control Panel | System and Security | Backup and Restore (Windows 7) you can create a System Repair Disc, typically on a DVD.
    • By searching for Recovery Drive you can create a recovery drive on a USB drive that typically requires ~6 GB.
    Is it important to make both of these, and when do you want one and when do you want the other?

Should each of these be updated for major operating system updates?

Mickey Segal, May 12, 2024
Thema:

Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

1. Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is... - Similar Threads - Trying system recovery

2. Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...: Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is missing. Have run DSIM and SFC. First pass SFC seemed to find a problem, but I cannot be sure it repaired it. Still getting the error message....
  3. Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is...: Trying to make a system recovery disc for Windows 10. Being told that a required file is missing. Have run DSIM and SFC. First pass SFC seemed to find a problem, but I cannot be sure it repaired it. Still getting the error message....
  4. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  5. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  6. Recovery disc for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery disc for windows 10: I want to create recovery disc for my desktop windows 10 There are 3 options : 1 Create Recovery disc 2 Create System Repair 3 Create System Image Which one should I create ? What are the differences between the 3 and the function of each such as computer cannot reboot,...
  7. System image / recovery disc

System image / recovery disc: In windows 10 how to I create a disc that can reinstall Windows and applications. I do not know if it is called a system image disc or a recovery disc. I want to be able to reload everything in the event of a disc failure....
  8. problem occurred making recovery disc

problem occurred making recovery disc: Have brand new dell desktop. First think I try to do is make recovery disc. Have blank 64 gb flash drive. Get statement,"problem occurred making recovery disc" No reasons just statement. Whats up windows?...
  9. windows 10 recovery disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 recovery disc: Hi All, I have a windows 10 disc created from Windows 10 installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...oad/windows10) my question is can i use that ISO to recover another persons PC? or is there compatibility issues based from my PC? TIA 99552
  10. Making recovery discs question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making recovery discs question: Hi I have a Hp Desktop computer. with windows 10 home 64bit that I go on 8/14/2015 when I for started it up I did not see the option to do this. so I did not make a set of the recovery discs. Using hp media creation. Now I have some of my personal programs that I use on the...