Windows 10: Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission

Discus and support Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to open Font file on Glyphr.com->You don't have permission to open this file, contact the file owner or administrator for permission->Try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ._151, Mar 30, 2021.

1. ._151 Win User

Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission

Trying to open Font file on Glyphr.com->You don't have permission to open this file, contact the file owner or administrator for permission->Try to open Font file in File Explorer and it works->Figure I might be a different user when I open it online and look up how to remove user un-permissions-> Article says to right-click on file, click permissions and go to security, and I do the first two steps but there is no security section-> I click advanced, and it says read-only-> I figure that might be the problem, though I don't know what read-only means, and unclick read-only and then ok-> It says Access Denied you need administrator permission, click continue to proceed-> I click continue and it says I can't get administrator permission because there was an "Error applying attributes" because I need administrator permission and so Access Denied-> click Ignore and the same thing pops up again-> ad infinitum

:)

._151, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Deleting a file that requires permission from Administrator

I'm trying to delete a file that keeps telling me I need permission to perform this action. I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file.

Now if I look under User Accounts on the control panel there is only ONE account listed: mine as administrator.

However, under the properies window for the file there are three:

SYSTEM

Administrators (DJ Hernandez\Administrators)

Users (DJ Hernandez\Users)

The first two are listed as Full control on the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings for the file. The Users is listed as Read. All three under Inherited From have C:\Program Data\Avg\Antivirus\

Is there any way that will allow me to get rid of this file? This belongs to a program that I have deleted using the Control Panel but it still shows up in the program listing under Programs and Features of the Control Panel.

Wild Child, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission

1. Trying to make Font file not read-only, says you need administrator permission - Similar Threads - Trying Font file

2. I'm trying to replace a file in my C drive. Says "You need permission to perform this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to replace a file in my C drive. Says "You need permission to perform this...: Hello. I'm trying to replace a .ini file of something I downloaded and its giving me the "You need permission to perform this action" message when I try. I've gone through the properties and made sure my account is the owner of the file and it still wont let me replace the...
  3. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file": I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only...
  4. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file": I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only...
  5. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  6. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  7. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  8. Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...

Folders are saying Read-Only but no files inside are marked Read-Only, have tried...: Look, I've tried everything I can. From several different forums that have the exact same problems as me to as many websites and links as I can count on my fingers. But nothing has solved this issue. I have the most recent version of Windows installed on my computer and one...
  9. You need administrator permission to move to this folder

You need administrator permission to move to this folder: Hello, Just a bit ago I was trying to move some stuff from a .zip file to a folder, but when I did so, a message box came up saying: You need Administrator permissions to move to this folder. And the two options are Try again or Cancel, if I click try again the same thing...
  10. File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control

File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control: Hi, I"m trying to clear out the properties on some photos & video files, but I'm getting the error message "This item is read-only. It cannot be modified." The permissions were set to "read & execute" & "read." Even after I modified every group and user to have full...