Windows 10: Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i

Discus and support Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can be sure or at least feel comfortable that I have correct drivers for my older Studio XPS 8100 desktop after upgrading to SSD and clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by savannahmick, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i

How can be sure or at least feel comfortable that I have correct drivers for my older Studio XPS 8100 desktop after upgrading to SSD and clean installing Win 10? Also is there a easy way to be sure all Windows essential stuff is installed? Like net framework, other runtimes, and etc. Thanks for any advice, help, or info!

:)

savannahmick, Jul 26, 2016

2. I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed

Nope, not in my case.

BearHunter73, Jul 26, 2016
  3. I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed

Hello there, I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed on my PC (Windows 7), and have it out of necessity, but I wonder if I would have to manually uninstall it during the update process, or will it be automatically updated to Windows Defender?
    And will Windows Defender have all the settings I have in place? (such as my MAPS membership, and USB scanning.)

Randomalianfromvietnam, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i

Hi:

Have you already upgraded to Win10 or are you planning ahead?

If you have not already upgraded, then have you verified via Dell or via the Windows 10 Compatibility Checker that this system will run Win10 OK?

Get Windows 10 app - Check Compatibility Report for Windows 10

(Some older systems have trouble upgrading. This is true more for laptops than for desktops like the XPS 8100.)

In any event, the Dell Drivers and Downloads page will give you all the latest drivers for the system, at least for the innards that are still original (if not for the new SSD) -- you just enter your service tag or express service code, and it will look up your system for all the relevant drivers:

Dell Drivers and Downloads

As far as this part:
    Do you mean BEFORE or AFTER the upgrade to Win10??

Other, more expert forum folks will undoubtedly have additional advice, including links to the many excellent tutorials to assist with the upgrade.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i

1. Trying to make i have correct drivers and essentials installed after i - Similar Threads - Trying correct drivers

2. I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing: I can't find Realtek HD Audio Manager in my control panel and in my device manager. Here is my motherboard:After downloading the audio driver from the link...
  3. I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing: I can't find Realtek HD Audio Manager in my control panel and in my device manager. Here is my motherboard:After downloading the audio driver from the link...
  4. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  5. I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to install windows 11 and I did a clean install and now I have no drivers...: I installed windows 11 on my LENOVO computer and I did a clean install now I have no Wi-Fi drivers or anything. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-install-windows-11-and-i-did-a/c16ef9fb-33ad-4044-9838-6a98d0a3df8a
  6. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  7. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  8. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

9. I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think I may have accidentally deleted a graphics driver trying to make room for a game....: I'm not really sure what I need to do since the game crashes each time I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-may-have-accidentally-deleted-a-graphics/794547a9-1972-4c44-8d24-3b1a3d8cd5a3
  10. Do I have the right keyboard identified? correct driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I have the right keyboard identified? correct driver?: Hi Everyone - I have some keyboard issues, specifically the HotKey's no longer work so I went to my device manager and saw that it lists my keyboard as a "Llenovo Thinkpad PS/2 Keyboard" for my Sony Vaio Laptop, Model # SVT13118FXS. Im almost positive this is not the...