Windows 10: Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

Discus and support Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I have been trying to make a desktop folder invisible. I have had invisible folders since XP... On Windows 10 I have an issue of the 'blank icon'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SiK GambleR, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

Hey, I have been trying to make a desktop folder invisible. I have had invisible folders since XP...
    On Windows 10 I have an issue of the 'blank icon' being black on my desktop.

I just don't get it.. I have tried clearing my thumbnail cache, all the 'blank icon' options, made my own icon, and have been scouring the internet.

I am stumped.

..and I hate how they removed the desktop changes every 10 seconds option. I have 4000 images on rotation. Is there a way to add that option back with some sort of file edit?

Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working? [​IMG]

:)

SiK GambleR, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 desktop icons keeps dissapearing

My Windows 10 desktop Icons (file folders and not shortcuts) keeps disappearing. What makes this disappearance weird is that the files of the invisible Icons are still available in the Desktop folder (using the file explorer). If I try to copy this files
    from the desktop directory back to the desktop page, its says files already exist in the source folder.

Please, I need a permanent workaround for this.

Abdulbaqi Badru, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Can't create an invisible folder

Hi,

If you want a folder in the Desktop that is not visible, you will have to hide that folder. To hide a folder, right click on the folder, in the "General' tab, check the box against' Hidden'. This will hide the folder and make it invisible. Hope this helps,
    let us know if you have any further queries.

Bennet Martin, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

You have to download a 'real' blank icon and apply it,

Classic desktop background settings:

Edwin, Feb 25, 2016
  5. I am sorry it has been so long. I cant for the life of me find classic settings? and any recommended places for images for my desktop

SiK GambleR, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working? [​IMG]

SiK GambleR, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

SiK GambleR, Mar 4, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Blank Icon:

Blank Icon.rar

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

1. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working? - Similar Threads - Trying invisible desktop

2. Folders are invisible now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are invisible now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Invisible Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Folder Icons: For some reason, some of my icons are just straight up invisible. Not even showing the default white paper icon, just invisible. The first file is a folder and the other is an access databaseThese two are on my desktop and no matter what I do they just stay invisible, even if...
  4. Invisible Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible Folder Icons: For some reason, some of my icons are just straight up invisible. Not even showing the default white paper icon, just invisible. The first file is a folder and the other is an access databaseThese two are on my desktop and no matter what I do they just stay invisible, even if...
  5. Invisible Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. wordpad makes text invisible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wordpad makes text invisible: submitted by /u/northfour [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9tbhe/wordpad_makes_text_invisible/
  7. Invisible window on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invisible window on desktop: Hi everyone! So I have this... I don't know if call it issue, the thing is, there is this small invisible window in my desktop, I realized it was there today, it doesn't seem to impact the performance, that is why I didn't discover it before I guess, don't know for how long...
  8. Invisible folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible folder: I copied a folder called Electronics and all its many subfolders from another PC (which runs XP) using USB stick L:. Then I opened it here in my Win 10 Pro PC. The subfolder L:\Electronics i7\Arduino, clearly exists, and I can open its files. But its parent does not display...
  9. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.: This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer. When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu the little pop-up box freezes as well as the desktop or file explorer. The only notable change I have noticed is that I...
  10. Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?: This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there, just by checking the desktop folder in Explorer. Also, if I drag across the desktop and accidentally grab an icon, it shows as a...