Windows 10: Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail?

Discus and support Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using a new Dell Inspiron 5555 Laptop running the new Windows 10 Home for two days and it is kicking my butt. *cry Right now one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 2harts4ever, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail?

Hi,

I have been using a new Dell Inspiron 5555 Laptop running the new Windows 10 Home for two days and it is kicking my butt. *cry

Right now one of my biggest problems is trying to establish a Default Mail Provider but when I check Default Mail in my Default settings it just says 'Mail' and nothing else.

I discovered this when I tried to send something to my son-in-law utilizing the right click 'Send to' Mail Recipient' feature and got this popup: "There is no email program associated to perform the associated action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel."

I am using the same Outlook email address as I use with my Desktop and it sends an receives email the same as on my Desktop. However, when trying to send something to a Mail Recipient as I said above it won't do it.

I was under the impression Outlook came with Win10. If this isn't the case is there any way I can use my Yahoo mail address? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Sep 15, 2015

2. Outlook.com

How do I make Outlook.com my default program to send an attatchment

JerryFredrickson, Sep 15, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    I CAN NOT PRINT OFF E MAILS IN OUTLOOK

Make sure you have selected a default email program by opening Defaults in Control Panel, set default programs. The usual choice is MAIL Outlook.com is not a default mail program.

mlg63, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail?

No, Outlook does not come preinstalled with Windows 10.

Rocky, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Hi Rocky,

I appreciate your response. I don't know how but somehow I am using the same email address on my Laptop(Outlook.com) as I still am on my desktop.

Any idea of what Mail program Win 10 is referring too when the entry for Default Mail simply says 'Mail'?

Thanks again,

6. It's referring to the app called "Mail"

Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail? [​IMG]

Torquemada, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Hi Torquemada ,

I appreciate you responding. But, what is the Mail program they are referring too? *HuhAs an example on my desktop I used "xxxx@outlook.com" and "xxx@yahoo.com".

Thanks and regards,

8. Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail?

A new program since Windows 8, I believe. It doesn't have all the features Microsoft Office-Outlook has, but it works as a standard mail app. Remember, outlook.com is the online mail service much like gmail.com, and is not the same thing as Microsoft Office Outlook (desktop program).

Hopefully I am not being confusing. You can use a outlook.com email account with your mail app. If you have the Outlook program installed (costs money), you can add the email account to that one instead.

*Edit* the mail app is much like the old Outlook express program that came with old windows computers like XP. Now we use the mail app if we're looking for a built-in free program for our email.

DustSailor, Sep 15, 2015
  9. Hi,
    I've just told you. the default email program, software, client, app or whatever you want to call it is "Mail" It needs setting up with your email accounts for outlook.com and yahoo.com
    Find the icon I pointed out and click it and it will open and you'll be able to add your email accounts.

Torquemada, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail?

1. Trying to make Outlook.com my default mail? - Similar Threads - Trying Outlook com

2. Make default meeting Provider in outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make default meeting Provider in outlook: To set your default online meeting provider and ensure that all your meetings are conducted online in Outlook for Windows, follow these steps:Select File > Options > Calendar.Under Calendar options, navigate to "Add online meeting to all meetings" and check the "Add Meeting...
  3. Make default meeting Provider in outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make default meeting Provider in outlook: To set your default online meeting provider and ensure that all your meetings are conducted online in Outlook for Windows, follow these steps:Select File > Options > Calendar.Under Calendar options, navigate to "Add online meeting to all meetings" and check the "Add Meeting...
  4. Default Mail will not accept Outlook or eMClient

Default Mail will not accept Outlook or eMClient: I keep trying to use the send to in Windows Explorer to send reduced jpg by email and Windows 10 would not accept my outlook.com email. So I went to the Windows Store and downloaded eMClient, installed, and set it as the Default Mail program/app and still Windows 10 will not...
  5. How To Make Yahoo My Default Mail Ricipient?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Make Yahoo My Default Mail Ricipient?: Nothing seems to work, any suggestions? It states there is NO Email associated with this request Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-yahoo-my-default-mail-ricipient/1ba43c73-2a25-47c4-85de-46af54640412
  6. outlook for my mail

outlook for my mail: my mail says I need to fix it so I depress fix it-it fixes itself,apparently-then 15 secs later it says it needs fixing again and around in circles we go-any ideas folks? thanks garyt...
  7. Outlook Default Mail Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  9. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...