Windows 10: Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive

Discus and support Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There's a program I've installed on a user's computer that requires me to map a certain folder in the program to a network. I've been working with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ITLevelOneNeedsHelp, May 21, 2021.

1. Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive

There's a program I've installed on a user's computer that requires me to map a certain folder in the program to a network. I've been working with a rep. of this software and he walks me through like this:File Explorer > This PC > Computer Tab > Map network drive > Browse... > and here's where I'm s

:)

ITLevelOneNeedsHelp, May 21, 2021
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, May 21, 2021
  3. Map a network drive folder to my video library

Haim Shalom Snyder, May 21, 2021
  4. Jizzler Win User

Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive

cannot open files on network shared drive

I have used a small handful of applications that just won't open a \\host\share\file.ext

Annoying, but there may be a workaround, try mapping the share to a drive letter:

In Explorer, Tools > Map network drive...

Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive map-network-drive-1.png

Then choose an unused drive letter, and the shared folder.

Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive map-network-drive-2097.png

This will work for most programs as it'll see K:\kitchen.kit

Jizzler, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive

1. Trying to map a folder on a certain program to a network drive - Similar Threads - Trying map folder

2. Cannot open a certain folder on mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open a certain folder on mapped Network Drive: Mapped my OneDrive as the Network Drive on several Windows PCs Windows versions include 7, 10, 11, I can open most folders on the Network Drive,,but cannot open a certain folder, it always shows the message "Windows can't access this disc, This disc might be corrupt. Make...
  3. Cannot open a certain folder on mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open a certain folder on mapped Network Drive: Mapped my OneDrive as the Network Drive on several Windows PCs Windows versions include 7, 10, 11, I can open most folders on the Network Drive,,but cannot open a certain folder, it always shows the message "Windows can't access this disc, This disc might be corrupt. Make...
  4. Cannot open a certain folder on mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  6. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  7. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Map network folder

Map network folder: I have a shared folder over a network, I am able to get to that folder by running //192.168.0.xxx in the windows search bar which pulls it right up, but I ned to be able to map it to a drive which when I go through the regular process of right clicking network and add network...
  9. Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....: Map network drive results: the network folder is already mapped using..... Windows 10, no domain controller, all machines in "WORKGROUP" I can see the share from other PCs but not the new Win10 pc....
  10. Problems Trying to Map Network Drives

Problems Trying to Map Network Drives: Hi, I have windows 10 on my home laptop which I have brought in to work, connected up to the wireless network and attemping (and failed) to map the networks drives that are attached to our server. For some reasons, when I try and browser for folders whilst attemping to...