Windows 10: Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10

Discus and support Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For a relative who had for years been running Win Mail on her VIsta machine ... She acquired a new machine with Windows 10 installed and I assisted... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MoreCowbell, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10

For a relative who had for years been running Win Mail on her VIsta machine ...

She acquired a new machine with Windows 10 installed and I assisted with migrating all data over. Regarding the Mail system, I opened Mail on the Vista machine and clicked Export for all her Mail data, including Contacts.

Once the Win10 machine was booted, I opened the Mail utility and presumed I would be taken to a launch window that presented, among perhaps other things, an Import button. Not so !!!

To my surprise and disappointment, the first screen that appears is one asking me to select an account (within a drop-down window)!!

Is there no way to simply bring in the Exported Mail files to the Mail app in Windows 10 ??

:)

MoreCowbell, Sep 3, 2019
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Sep 3, 2019
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10

Migrating Emails from Win7 Live Mail to Win10

Migrating Emails from Win7 Live Mail to Win10 on different computers

Firstly, can I import into Win10 "Mail". I don't see that option....or do I have to download and install "Live Mail"

I have exported all mail as well as copied entire directory to external directory.

rwilliams1960, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10

1. Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10 - Similar Threads - Trying migrate Mail

2. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  3. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  4. Migrating mail from Windows Vista Home Premium to new laptop running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating mail from Windows Vista Home Premium to new laptop running Windows 10: Hello,I've searched far and wide but can't seem to find out how to successfully transfer my emails from Vista Home Premium to a new laptop running Windows 10. Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep my Windows Mail file structure and functionality without too much change. Is...
  5. Migrating mail from Windows Vista Home Premium to new laptop running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating mail from Windows Vista Home Premium to new laptop running Windows 10: Hello,I've searched far and wide but can't seem to find out how to successfully transfer my emails from Vista Home Premium to a new laptop running Windows 10. Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep my Windows Mail file structure and functionality without too much change. Is...
  6. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating from one W10 machine to another: I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is quite seamless, how about for Windows? What are you guys using? Tks. submitted by /u/Marathonmax [link] [comments]...
  7. win10 migration from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 migration from HHD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I've got an SSD which already has a an older version of windows and an HDD with my current win10 version. I´d like to know how to migrate the new version from the HDD to the SSD and then, how to configure it to boost the new one without having to erase the old...
  8. Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

in Browsers and Email
    Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista: I am trying to move the email for a friend after she got a Windows 10 laptop. Her old pc is on Vista. After searching I have that there is no way to import email into the new Windows mail in Windows 10. Can anybody recommend a good free email app that can import the mail and...
  9. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.: Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual boot with Vista64 and Win10 64 pro. As such, I have to move files. What I didn't think about was my massive online cooking...
  10. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another: I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username...