Windows 10: Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

Discus and support Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I first did this build, I installed windows on a 1tb ssd. I just got a new 2tb ssd and I want to migrate my windows installation and files to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quickdrawmcgraw344, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

When I first did this build, I installed windows on a 1tb ssd. I just got a new 2tb ssd and I want to migrate my windows installation and files to the 2tb ssd. So I cloned my 1tb to the 2tb and reset the boot priority to my 2tb.

So I booted up windows and windows still thinks my 1tb is the primary drive and calls it local disk c. So I unplugged the sata cable from my 1tb and when I restarted the computer, it went into an automatic repair loop. So I plugged in my windows 10 thumb drive and it installed a fresh partition install of windows 10 on the 2tb but none of my files are on it. So now I have 2 partitions of windows 10, one with nothing on it and the other one I cloned but when I try to boot into the cloned one, it just goes into "starting automatic repair.".

submitted by /u/quickdrawmcgraw344
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quickdrawmcgraw344, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Teccmo Win User

Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd. [​IMG]

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd. [​IMG]

Teccmo, Aug 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

Migrating W10 from SSD to USB and then to new SSD

Hi

Some months ago, I bought a new Custom-built PC with a 128G M2 SSD, where Windows lives. Over the months, this SSD has become too full with Program Installs to allow for Windows updates (where it needs to make another copy...). So I have bought a new Samsung
    500G M2 SSD, and I'm now trying to migrate the Windows install across to that, while keeping all my program data intact (so, cloning the old SSD...). The Samsung Migration Magician will not copy the Windows install to USB, and my motherboard only has one M2
    slot.

Is there a way to clone my old SSD to USB, then back to the new SSD once in place on the motherboard? Or, failing that, is an SSD adaptor a good idea, so that I can run the two M2 SSDs together, and use the Magician to clone the old SSD to the new, then
    boot Windows from that?

TIA for any advice...

TonyBridge, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

1. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd. - Similar Threads - Trying migrate installation

2. Migrating Windows to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows to a new SSD: So my old SSD card crashed and is no longer readable. After buying a new SSD I need to migrate my account to the new drive but cannot access my old SSD drive to get my key from CMD. How can I activate my windows account on the new drive without my old one working and no...
  3. Migrating Windows to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows to a new SSD: So my old SSD card crashed and is no longer readable. After buying a new SSD I need to migrate my account to the new drive but cannot access my old SSD drive to get my key from CMD. How can I activate my windows account on the new drive without my old one working and no...
  4. Migrating Windows to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrating to new SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating to new SSD?: I created an image of the old SSD with macrium Reflect and restored it to the new SSD. However the PC won't boot even if that's the only SSD I have installed. In Diskmanagement Events I can see: "Device settings for SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&Prod_Samsung_SSD_970\5&bbc8c1b&0&000000...
  6. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  7. Migrating Windows OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating Windows OS to new SSD: Hi all, I have an HP Envy that currently has a 1TB HDD, but I'm expecting a new machine, a Lenovo Thinkpad P53, in the following week or so. That configuration also has a 1TB HDD, however, I also bought an extra 500GB SSD from Crucial and made sure it's compatible with the...
  8. migrating OS to new ssd

migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  9. Migrating Windows 10 1903 to a new SSD

Migrating Windows 10 1903 to a new SSD: I originally had a PC running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I would like to migrate my current system to a new faster SSD. Can someone please suggest a simple way of doing this. I have come across various links which refer to "Boot from your...
  10. Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.: So, without getting into all the technical details before anyone replies, I just bought a 240gig OCZ ssd, to put the OS on to improve performance. I have 3 hdd's installed, and one is a Firecuda, so when I migrated it orignally to the D: drive(the Firecuda), I can't remember...