Windows 10: Trying to move/copy multiple files to new directory

Discus and support Trying to move/copy multiple files to new directory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a couple of decades I have copied or moved multiple files at a time by holding down the SHIFT KEY, selecting the files, them moving or copying. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Jul 15, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Trying to move/copy multiple files to new directory

For a couple of decades I have copied or moved multiple files at a time by holding down the SHIFT KEY, selecting the files, them moving or copying. I don't know if it is the newer faster machines or Widows sensitivity or just in a hurry to get ahead of me and OPENING the files trying to anticipate what I want. I have slowed my mouse to as slow as it will go but still, it loves to open multiple files. If I remember correctly, there is a command to STOP it from automatically OPENING THE FILES?

:)

jagman, Jul 15, 2021

2. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

Haha yeah its fred. sorry its 8am and my mind isnt fully functional yet. There is an error along side the one my script posts: No such file or directory at script line 20.(which is the copy line). I pointed the script to one of the sub directories exactly, still wouldnt copy. I created a new sub dir, and copied some of the files from the main directory into the new directory, those wouldnt copy either.

script:
    Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use File::Find; use File::Copy; my $directory="..\\..\\doc\\xsd"; find (\&subr, $directory); sub subr { foreach ($File::Find::name=~/(.*)\.xsd$/) { my $filetobecopied = $File::Find::name; my $newfile = $1 . ".origxsd"; copy($filetobecopied, $newfile) or die "$File::Find::name cannot be copied $!"; chmod 0777, $File::Find::name; open (FILE, "<", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot open file $!"; print $File::Find::name. "\n"; local $/; my $file=<FILE>; $f=~s/<!--[\w\W^]*?-->//gi; close FILE; open (OUT, ">", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot write to file $!"; print OUT $f; close OUT; chmod 0444, $File::Find::name; } }[/quote] thanks kreij

Hybrid_theory, Jul 15, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to move/copy multiple files to new directory - Similar Threads - Trying move copy

2. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  4. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  6. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  7. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  8. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  9. Batch file to search directory for file type and copy to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file to search directory for file type and copy to new location: Hi all, Not sure if posting in correct area, I would like to have a batch file that can search a directory or drive for file type and copy that file into a new directory renaming the file to reflect what users folder it came out of. To be a little more specific, I have...
  10. Copying files into WindowsApps directory