Windows 10: trying to move files in the windows background thing (?)

Discus and support trying to move files in the windows background thing (?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] when i try and move my files it automatically snaps so its right below another file/gets sandwiched between them, i've updated recently and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thedarkturty, Aug 14, 2020.

1. trying to move files in the windows background thing (?)

trying to move files in the windows background thing (?) d_5gWm6a8oyJdHeXksPLHaZrsA_Ape1750zkzUBvMQs.jpg

when i try and move my files it automatically snaps so its right below another file/gets sandwiched between them, i've updated recently and idk if this is a new feature and i have no idea whats its under in settings in order to change it.idk how to google it because idk what the background file thing is called.

it adds the weird line thing below then makes it go below it when i try and put a file to the corner where there are no other files, is there anyway to change this back or am i just stuck clumping all of my files at the left side?

https://preview.redd.it/p84sbvto6xg...bp&s=dfa290eb467cdd60fcb839144bf9c6e199a72fbe

submitted by /u/thedarkturty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thedarkturty, Aug 14, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 14, 2020
  3. After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 14, 2020
  4. trying to move files in the windows background thing (?)

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

trying to move files in the windows background thing (?)

1. trying to move files in the windows background thing (?) - Similar Threads - trying move files

2. File Explorer moving from background to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer moving from background to foreground: I am an elementary school teacher and I will have the students open up file explorer to open a saved word document. Word is in the forground and file explorer is in the background.The students then close the laptop lid while awaiting my instructions. After instructions and...
  3. File Explorer moving from background to foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer moving from background to foreground: I am an elementary school teacher and I will have the students open up file explorer to open a saved word document. Word is in the forground and file explorer is in the background.The students then close the laptop lid while awaiting my instructions. After instructions and...
  4. Random Orange thing at the welcome background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Orange thing at the welcome background: [ATTACH] I just recently updated my family windows 10 today and there are some random orange thing at the welcome screen at the background. can someone help me know what this is and how to fix it? submitted by /u/EijiOkumura13 [link] [comments]...
  5. cannot highlight or move things.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot highlight or move things.: Cannot highlight text or move anything I have a triple screen setup and I cannot move my different "windows" for each game from screen to screen. I recently bought a razer viper ultimate wireless and now the problem occurred. Before with my paste mice it never happened. Im...
  6. Move Background Process into a Window

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Move Background Process into a Window: I have a scheduled task to run an application Minecraft server on power up under my admin user account . Works great...except that when I later log on to actively monitor and control the application, it's running as a background process and I can't figure out how to get it...
  7. Moving background Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving background Windows 10?: Hi, I would like to have a background like this, but then it moves. I have already downloaded the program Desktop Live Wallpapers. Can you do that with this program? Where do you get these files from, because the picture below is only .jpg but you need a .mp4, right?...
  8. Moving Background?

Moving Background?: Heya, just wondering if it is possible to have a moving background for you windows pc? It would be pretty nice! Also I'm new here so Hiiii! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-background/30466f06-f7a5-4337-b616-347d15a336fa
  9. Things running in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things running in background: Is their a way to see what is running in the backgrownd on my computer. I can hear it and am curious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/things-running-in-background/9e51e94e-08bf-40e2-a3d4-24dadbd68f64
  10. Windows 10 moving apps to the background.

Windows 10 moving apps to the background.: How can I stop windows 10 from moving apps/programs that I’ve opened and using into the background? I've gotten into Settings...Privacy...background apps... and that has not stop windows from doing its own things. Help please. Dave...