Windows 10: Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

Discus and support Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally changed the location of my desktop from C:\ to D:\, and it put everything from my D:\ drive on the desktop screen. I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaPeters3, May 8, 2019.

1. Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

I accidentally changed the location of my desktop from C:\ to D:\, and it put everything from my D:\ drive on the desktop screen. I am unable to restore the location back to C\users...etc where it belongs due to an access denied message. I have tried giving myself (the user/admin) full access and am unable to do that.

:)

JoshuaPeters3, May 8, 2019

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, May 8, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Duplicate D:\ drive

I never had to deal with junctions so I haven't a clue what to suggest. I'm thinking that the problem is on the D: drive. If it is than I don't see why saving the files and formatting the D: drive wouldn't work. If It's something on the C: drive causing this than I have no Idea what to try.

Winuser, May 8, 2019
  4. Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

Trying to make a folder that leads to my D drive.

Hi Mohammed,

Creating a shortcut on your desktop that will point to a folder in your D drive is possible. Here's how to do it:

• Open your D drive.
    • Right-click the folder that you want to create a shortcut for.
    • Select Send to, then Desktop.
    For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

1. Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D - Similar Threads - Trying move folders

2. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  3. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  4. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  6. Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive: Im having some storage issues right now (my C drive having 35 gigs left and my D having 1T) and i wanted to move my Roaming folder over because that's whats taking up a bit of storage. is there any way to do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx [link] [comments]...
  7. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  8. C drive full, how to move some to D drive

C drive full, how to move some to D drive: How can I move some GB's from C to external D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-full-how-to-move-some-to-d-drive/39a360f4-8762-46e2-a10a-ba27246f6111"
  9. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  10. C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?

C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?: Hi there, my c drive is almost full and this has slowed down my window explorer files when i try to go in document so i wanted to know what i can cut and copy/ transfer files or data to my d drive so my laptop can run faster? thanks...