Windows 10: Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please!

Discus and support Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all I have a version of Windows 10 Education that I got from my University's onthehub a while ago. I recently got an SSD and I want to move that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sitop-Apen, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please!

Hey all

I have a version of Windows 10 Education that I got from my University's onthehub a while ago. I recently got an SSD and I want to move that Windows 10 onto there.

I have a 2tb Hard Drive, and only a 128gb SSD so I won't be able to transfer all of the info to the ssd. I don't mind re-downloading everything and re-installing it so I used the Windows 10 Setup and created a bootable Windows 10 os from a flash drive that I intend to install onto my ssd. However, I want to make sure that I keep my Windows 10 Education edition, and it looks like to do that I need to have the activation key from onthehub, which expired a long time ago.

Is that the case? Do I need to get the activation key to keep my version of windows 10? Is there a way to download the Education version of windows 10?

And if I decide to just copy my whole hard drive onto my ssd, what good sftware can I use to do that?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Sitop-Apen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sitop-Apen, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please! :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 21, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please! :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 21, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please!

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please!

1. Trying to move my OS onto a SSD - Help please! - Similar Threads - Trying move onto

2. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD: I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?...
  3. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD: I am wanting to swap my windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD, I was wondering if I choose to reinstall windows will it give me the option of where I install it, or will it automatically go to the disk it was already installed on?...
  4. Moving OS onto an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Move Windows OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Windows OS to SSD: I have an ASUS Q525UA with a 2TB HDD. I bought a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB and installed it. Is there any way to move or reinstall Windows from the HDD to the SSD without having to wipe anything. I've created a USB drive Windows 10 media tool and backed up my drive just...
  6. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  7. Move OS to SSD

Move OS to SSD: Move win10 from my HDD to SSD operating system only The SSD in smaller but it is 500 mg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-os-to-ssd/2a46d103-f634-4cd0-9230-c58104c63769
  8. Moving OS to new SSD

Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  9. Moving my OS and software onto an NvME

Moving my OS and software onto an NvME: After some pointers, wanting to put an NvME SSD into my machine and run my OS and software from it. Am using the Adobe suite which runs mostly spot on but would prefer to give my system the best chance possible. Any help and guidance on doing that would be great! submitted...
  10. PLEASE HELP! MOVING OS TO SSD AND ENABLING IT!!!

PLEASE HELP! MOVING OS TO SSD AND ENABLING IT!!!: Quite honestly, I am desperate right now. My computer case is really different, which means I can’t unplug my hard drive which is what someone told me to do. I have windows 10. I need to put my OS from my hard drive onto my SSD, I just reset my pc, delete if 3 terabytes...