Windows 10: Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

Discus and support Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im having some storage issues right now (my C drive having 35 gigs left and my D having 1T) and i wanted to move my Roaming folder over because that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

Im having some storage issues right now (my C drive having 35 gigs left and my D having 1T) and i wanted to move my Roaming folder over because that's whats taking up a bit of storage. is there any way to do that? Thanks.

submitted by /u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx, Feb 8, 2021

2. Roaming folder's setting not loaded comepletely?

I assume you are talking about this folder:

c:\Users\Jianwei\AppData\Roaming

If so then these steps should fix the problem:

1. Mark the code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    4. Press Enter.

cmd.exe /c attrib -h -r /s /d "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" & pause

Frederik Long, Feb 8, 2021
  3. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Winuser Win User

Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

Duplicate D:\ drive

I never had to deal with junctions so I haven't a clue what to suggest. I'm thinking that the problem is on the D: drive. If it is than I don't see why saving the files and formatting the D: drive wouldn't work. If It's something on the C: drive causing this than I have no Idea what to try.

Winuser, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

1. Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive - Similar Threads - Trying move Roaming

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  4. Messed up Personal Folders Trying to Move from C to D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up Personal Folders Trying to Move from C to D: I need help please! My problem began when I tried to move my data files to from C to D. Something went wrong so stopped the process of changing the location of remaining folders in the properties box. Now I just want everything back to the way it was -- on the C drive. Some...
  5. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  6. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  7. I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.: So I have a relatively small sized ssd and some of my game files are taking up space.I've been told that it's not a good idea to move my user folder entirely and I should only move the subfolders I want. My question is what are the folders that I shouldn't touch/move and...
  8. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  9. Accidentally moved appdata roaming to D: Drive

Accidentally moved appdata roaming to D: Drive: I watched a video 4 months ago on how to move the appdata folder because it was taking up a ton of space on my smaller C drive. I expected for the appdata folder to be moved onto the driver, but instead all of the files inside of "Roaming" were moved onto the drive, and a...
  10. Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to move folders out of full C drive to D: I accidentally changed the location of my desktop from C:\ to D:\, and it put everything from my D:\ drive on the desktop screen. I am unable to restore the location back to C\users...etc where it belongs due to an access denied message. I have tried giving myself (the...