Windows 10: trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

Discus and support trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have all updates applied to the Windows 10 Professional x64 bit machine. Started Windows 10 this morning and tried to open a JPEG file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theaudioanalyst, Apr 3, 2016.

1. trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

Hello.

I have all updates applied to the Windows 10 Professional x64 bit machine. Started Windows 10 this morning and tried to open a JPEG file, i.e., double click any.jpg. Windows 10 comes back with, "Class not registered".

Cleaned all the files, registry and nothing changes this. Restarted and checked all in safe mode as well. Went to assign defaults to Windows Photo Viewer and found that it had 2 of its defaults. Clicked make this default. Nothing. Assigned all defaults to the Windows Photo Viewer, hit save. NOTHING SAVED!

This has nothing to do with Edge or Internet Explorer.

Any thoughts or suggestions please!

:)

theaudioanalyst, Apr 3, 2016
  2. stapleto Win User

Class not registered error

So how do I (we) fix this problem?

stapleto, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Class not registered notice

In trying to open pictures that I have saved, I get a "Class not Registered" box. How do I fix ?

TerryMartin8915, Apr 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

Hi, you could try the ideas here - not the command line to reregister dlls.

Sledgehammer approach:
    an in-place upgrade repair install (instructions in Tutorial section).
    Keeps all, may find the odd association reset to MS default, need to reenter Wifi key, system restore points lost and s. restore turned off.

Very useful repair technique.

Needs boot medium of the same major build as your Win 10.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

1. trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this - Similar Threads - trying open JPEG

2. "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this?: Everything worked great until I restored computer to an earlier date. Now when I attempt to open a photo a message pops up "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this? I can view but not copy or edit or change any pictures in my folder. Thanks...
  3. "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this?: Everything worked great until I restored computer to an earlier date. Now when I attempt to open a photo a message pops up "CLASS NOT REGISTERED" How do I correct this? I can view but not copy or edit or change any pictures in my folder. Thanks...
  4. How to fix "class not registered" when trying to open the Xbox Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix "class not registered" when trying to open the Xbox Game Bar.: this has been happening for a while now, I can't open the settings app, the start windows, search bar, the notifications box or certain settings on the control panel, so i cant try most of the solutions that involve these apps....
  5. Class not registered while trying to open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Class not registered while trying to open file location: So i was trying to create desktop shotcuts for apps but when i try and right click and open file location from the start menu this comes [img] pls help 171216
  6. Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome: I installed Chome but when I try to open it I get a class not registered error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-error-when-trying-to-open/3d67c131-b3dc-4cc6-8ad5-cfbb2fb7da0e
  7. i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture: Hi and good time I have windows10 home and always use default photo app for showing pictures. I have problem with showing pictures recently , it will not show any pictures i get 'Class not registered' error anybody have any idea? Thanks 60673
  8. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  9. Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link: Hi, I recently upgraded to win 10 from 8.1 and I am running into a few problems. I'll start with this very annoying one and than open a different thread for the others. So I like to save URL links on my desktop - used to work fine on 8.1. Now on 10 when I drag a link...
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329