Windows 10: Trying to open a Microsoft ID for my wife but it says someone is already using her email

Discus and support Trying to open a Microsoft ID for my wife but it says someone is already using her email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We recently bought a new Win 10 laptop. I added myself as first user. I had an existing Microsoft ID. When I tried adding my wife as a second user, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColeMC, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ColeMC Win User

Trying to open a Microsoft ID for my wife but it says someone is already using her email

We recently bought a new Win 10 laptop. I added myself as first user. I had an existing Microsoft ID. When I tried adding my wife as a second user, it forced me to create a Microsoft ID for her, and would not let me get around this. It gave me an error message that her email was already being used as a Microsoft ID. She never set one up, so this is false. If someone has used her email, I need them disconnected.

I followed some links and webmailed Microsoft tech support case #SR1494693835 three days ago and no one has responded to this issue. When I tried calling Microsoft support at 800-642-7676 it tried forcing me to accept paid support, which I do not feel I need to pay for.

To get her onto the laptop I had to create an outlook.com Microsoft ID for her, which she did not need, nor want. After setting up Outlook, she now has two inboxes, which she does not want.

How do we get her a Microsoft ID using her proper email?

:)

ColeMC, Feb 15, 2020

2. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 15, 2020
  4. jmdraft Win User

Trying to open a Microsoft ID for my wife but it says someone is already using her email

Can not open emails in chrome

Recently returned from hospital, I’m trying to open my emails I Chrome gmail.

Please provide step by step instructions to return gmail to default view and function so that I may open my email.

Since I can’t open and see the responses provided.

Please send them to both my gmail and to my yahoo email address: L: @yahoo.com

jmdraft, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to open a Microsoft ID for my wife but it says someone is already using her email - Similar Threads - Trying open Microsoft

2. My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.: I bought windows 10 for my wifes laptop.It went bad so I tossed it out and bought her a new laptop with a new ver of windows on it.I want to use the windows 10 I bought for her, on my computer to update from win 7.How can I do it without losing all my stuffThanxBill Gardner...
  3. My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.: I bought windows 10 for my wifes laptop.It went bad so I tossed it out and bought her a new laptop with a new ver of windows on it.I want to use the windows 10 I bought for her, on my computer to update from win 7.How can I do it without losing all my stuffThanxBill Gardner...
  4. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  5. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  6. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  8. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  9. Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address

Someone opened a Microsoft Account with my email address: I have a microsoft account with the *****@outlook.com suffix that I have been using for years. Someone opened a microsoft account with my gmail address *****@gmail.com and I am concerned it might be used for fraud. I'd like to claim ownership on the Microsoft account using my...
  10. Someone is using my Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone is using my Email: Hi ,I unable to receive some Emails,As someone was using my Email address to send scam Emails eg British Gas.How can i start to receive all Emails Thank you. [Original Title: Emails]...