Windows 10: Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?

Discus and support Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using: Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Installed: 10/‎6/‎2020OS build: 19042.1083Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andria_1979, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?

I'm using: Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Installed: 10/‎6/‎2020OS build: 19042.1083Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Each time I try opening a document/file, a new instance of File Explorer opens to the Search feature with a message telling me to click in the Search bar to begin??It does this when I double click, right click and choose Open and when I select the file I want to open and hit Enter on the keyboard. HELP! lol

:)

Andria_1979, Jul 19, 2021

2. Opening PDF Files

Right-click any .pdf file in File Explorer.

• Choose 'Open With' -> 'Choose another app'
    • Select your preferred viewing app (most likely 'Reader')
    • Select the checkbox labeled "Always use this app to open .pdf files."
    • Click 'OK'

Good Luck,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?

1. Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance? - Similar Threads - Trying open pdf

2. Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer: In windows explorer when a zip file is extracted a new window is opened that contains the extracted files. Is it possible to open the folder in the same instance of explorer in a new tab?...
  3. Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer: In windows explorer when a zip file is extracted a new window is opened that contains the extracted files. Is it possible to open the folder in the same instance of explorer in a new tab?...
  4. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file: I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into a never-ending sub-task. I've found that, when I add or rename a file that's being displayed in File Explorer, it doesn't...
  5. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file: I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into a never-ending sub-task. I've found that, when I add or rename a file that's being displayed in File Explorer, it doesn't...
  6. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. pdf files opening

pdf files opening: When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be able to just read pdf files? Thank you....
  8. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  9. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03
  10. File explorer problem - searching opens new window

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problem - searching opens new window: Whenever I start to type in the search field, I never get to finish typing because explorer opens a new window right away after the first character. EDIT: Also, double clicking folders opens a new window as well. 37457