Windows 10: Trying to play a 1996 game

Discus and support Trying to play a 1996 game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to play a game from 1996 that I have on disk. I tried to make it work from accessibilities > compatibility, but it didn't work. What's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by random eskimoo, May 17, 2019.

1. Trying to play a 1996 game

I'm trying to play a game from 1996 that I have on disk. I tried to make it work from accessibilities > compatibility, but it didn't work. What's the best way to play this game?

:)

random eskimoo, May 17, 2019

2. BSOD when trying to play online game

Hi,

To better assist you with this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Is this happening on one game only?
    • Is this the first time you encountered this issue? If so, any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    on the computer. Once done, try to play the game again and check if you will still experience the same issue.

Keep us posted.

Desiree Yau, May 17, 2019
  3. No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 17, 2019
  4. Trying to play a 1996 game

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Trying to play a 1996 game

1. Trying to play a 1996 game - Similar Threads - Trying play 1996

2. I have a problem trying to play a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem trying to play a game: So, i got a problem trying to play "Afraid of monsters", When i start the game, it starts incorrectly, and then you get an error "Assertion failed, line: 548", I have tried quite a few things to try to fix it, such as repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2022 or more, but...
  3. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games: When I play "some specific" video games I always get the Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error those games are Valorant, League of Legends, Dota2, Dying Light.. But the games like Apex or Stardew Valley works completely fine? I already did all the CMD commands fix but nothing works.Can...
  4. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games: When I play "some specific" video games I always get the Video_DXGKRNL_Fatal_Error those games are Valorant, League of Legends, Dota2, Dying Light.. But the games like Apex or Stardew Valley works completely fine? I already did all the CMD commands fix but nothing works.Can...
  5. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when trying to play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games: Event viewer logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1889, time stamp: 0xe9ede6d6Exception code: 0xe0464645Fault offset: 0x000000000010fb62Faulting process id:...
  7. BSOD After trying to play games

BSOD After trying to play games: 1.I have this error where I play almost every single game it is freezing for like 2-10 seconds constantly after couple of freezes it gives me BSOD. In BSOD it says as reason "memory_managment". Some games are unplayable becouse it gives me BSOD every time i try to play like...
  8. error when trying to play a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error when trying to play a game: I am trying to play Majesty Gold. I have installed it directly from the disk. When I try to play it, I get an error that says "unable to init directdraw". I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to change my resolution. I don't have the option to change it to...
  9. Constant bluescreens while trying to play games

Constant bluescreens while trying to play games: MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 17-06-2016 Ran by danie administrator on 25-11-2020 at 08:47:21 Running from "C:\Users\danie\Downloads" Microsoft Windows 10 Home X64 Model: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Boot Mode: Normal...
  10. error when trying to play game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error when trying to play game: when I try tp play solitaire collection free i get on error message the says its not available in my accout and error code 0x803F8001. Why all of a sudden I cant play it?...