Windows 10: Trying to play an English translated Japanese game and failing.

Discus and support Trying to play an English translated Japanese game and failing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Right, so, I was poking around for another game similar to the one I have been playing lately. Found another that it's native language is Japanese but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by llloyd4, Jan 11, 2019.

1. llloyd4 Win User

Trying to play an English translated Japanese game and failing.

Right, so, I was poking around for another game similar to the one I have been playing lately. Found another that it's native language is Japanese but it's been translated into English. It keeps crashing with a file error and while trying to find a way to contact the dev I found this at the bottom of the game's page

"---------------------------------
    [Regarding File Issues]
    While the game contents that the player can see on the surface have
    been translated into English, within the underlying system there are
    filenames and program code that contain Japanese language characters.
    As with most products, Japanese language / region settings must be
    correctly applied before downloading, extracting and playing the game.
    http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/faq/.../mid/7/did/296 "

And this is true, the files are in Japanese. So I click on the above link and it says for Win 8 / Win 10 (I am Win 10) it says I need to set my System Locale to Japanese. Doing so won't change my display language but will let Windows work with the files. And to do so I need to go to Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region, and click System Locale, and from there change it to Japanese. Well, I don't have a "Clock, Language, and Region" option in my Control Panel but I do have a Language option. But adding Japanese to that didn't fix the file issue. So... Anyone out there know how I may play this game?

:)

llloyd4, Jan 11, 2019
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Shinobi91 Win User
    Installed Translator for Microsoft Edge but language is in Japanese

I bought a Japanese laptop a while back and did the procedures to change the native language to English. Some programs and features are still in Japanese but it doesn't bother me much. One feature that I want to use is the Translator for Microsoft Edge
    but it is in Japanese by default. How would I change it to English?

Shinobi91, Jan 11, 2019
  4. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

I have just reinstalled my PC with Japanese Windows (it's the only way to enable the full use of a Japanese keyboard - special keys etc.). However, I want my system language to be English (menus etc.). So far I have tried the following:

Settings:
    Installed English language pack
    Made English default language

Power menu (not sure of proper name - win_key-x):
    Tried to switch language to English but does not appear in the menu.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to play an English translated Japanese game and failing. - Similar Threads - Trying play English

2. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  3. Japanese to English Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese to English Win10.: can i upgrade a japanese version of win 7 to english version of win 10? I have the upgrade but has to translate everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english-win10/906e1d7e-84e1-4a59-bd92-d9af43abbdef
  4. German-English translator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  5. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  6. German-English translator

7. Translator English-Spanish

Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  8. Japanese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese to English: Help I cant read Japanese and I changed the settings to Japanese and i cant read Japanese and I want to change it back to English. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-to-english/2489eb04-85b1-470a-a5b7-3f649acaff8f
  9. Translation English to persian

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translation English to persian: Translation English to persian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translation-english-to-persian/f194df8d-e828-4ee2-92a3-b75ab1c5af89
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...