Windows 10: Trying to play games in Game pass play anywhere on pc. Prompts an opt out of S mode.

Discus and support Trying to play games in Game pass play anywhere on pc. Prompts an opt out of S mode. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to start a game. In this case specifically "Grounded" on Game pass play anywhere on PC. It prompts me to opt out of S mode in order to play.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JDWarden, May 7, 2021.

1. JDWarden Win User

Trying to play games in Game pass play anywhere on pc. Prompts an opt out of S mode.

When I try to start a game. In this case specifically "Grounded" on Game pass play anywhere on PC. It prompts me to opt out of S mode in order to play. Normally I only play on XBOX ONE X so I don't have a lot of experience with PC gaming. It just seems to me a game playable within a Microsoft app would be verified. I had no issues playing "Thimbleweed park". So is this correct? Would I have to opt out of S mode? Or is this just a glitch? I normally only use this PC for a few simple business tasks So I would prefer not to opt out .

:)

JDWarden, May 7, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Get EA Play with Xbox Game Pass for No Additional Cost

Source: Get EA Play with Xbox Game Pass for No Additional Cost - Xbox Wire

See also:

Brink, May 7, 2021
  3. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, May 7, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Trying to play games in Game pass play anywhere on pc. Prompts an opt out of S mode.

EA Play coming to Windows 10 PC for Xbox Game Pass members March 18

Source: EA Play is Coming to PC for Xbox Game Pass Members Starting Tomorrow - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to play games in Game pass play anywhere on pc. Prompts an opt out of S mode. - Similar Threads - Trying play games

2. Can't play my game pass games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play my game pass games.: Got game pass from discord nitro so i downloaded some games but none of the games work. when i press play it starts launching and asks me to sign in so i press my account to login then it boots me and say "sign in to play this game". I have tried repairing all things xbox....
  3. Can't play my game pass games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play my game pass games.: Got game pass from discord nitro so i downloaded some games but none of the games work. when i press play it starts launching and asks me to sign in so i press my account to login then it boots me and say "sign in to play this game". I have tried repairing all things xbox....
  4. Xbox Play Anywhere game cant install on pc?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Play Anywhere game cant install on pc?: I bought a Xbox Play Anywhere game [sea of thieves] to play on my PC, it said the purchase is xbox play anyhwhere and was redeemed on xbox play anywhere, but when i tried to install it on microsoft store it said i need a controller and xbox live and it doesnt allow me to...
  5. Can't play game pass game or access files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play game pass game or access files: Was playing The Outer Worlds earlier today with the xbox game pass, now when I try to open it it says: "The Outer Worlds can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected." The store page says download instead of play, and if I click it it...
  6. Xbox achievements for EA Play on Game Pass PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox achievements for EA Play on Game Pass PC?: Please add Xbox achievements for the EA play games on Game Pass PC. The EA play games on the console game pass have their achievements so I would like to request that they be added to the EA play games on Game pass for PC as well, I don't know if Microsoft is already working...
  7. Xbox Play Anywhere games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Play Anywhere games: Whenever I try to play one of my play anywhere titles, the game is stuck on either Syncing Data at 0% or an infinite loading screen. The game works fine on my xbox, but not on my pc. I tried resetting the game, restarting my pc, uninstalling the game, signing out of xbox, and...
  8. Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC: The person that I game share with bought the dlc for Ark. It shows that I own the base game and can install it in my pc as it is a “play anywhere” title. However, it does not show that I own the DLC. I play the DLC on my xbox console so it should show as owned, however it...
  9. opting out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opting out of s mode: What do I need to do to get my computer to allow me to download other apps not from the Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-s-mode/ebc790bb-c1c2-4dba-81c7-10acd95f294e
  10. Xbox play anywhere games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox play anywhere games: There's a certain game I think making it a play anywhere game will boost player count by .__. a large amount. It's warframe :3 I myself really want to play this game on PC and its at a point the only possible way is Xbox play anywhere, anyway! What has to happen for a game...