Windows 10: Trying to "port" Windows 10 to another drive.

Discus and support Trying to "port" Windows 10 to another drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have two drives in my PC with four partitions [(C, D) , (E, F)] and I'm trying to transfer Windows from C to E because the main disk is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Devgel, Mar 7, 2021.

1. /u/Devgel Win User

Trying to "port" Windows 10 to another drive.

I currently have two drives in my PC with four partitions [(C, D) , (E, F)] and I'm trying to transfer Windows from C to E because the main disk is quite old and making weird noises.

Problem is, I've VERY important data stored in the "F" drive, including the system image of Drive C which I'd like to port or perhaps transfer to E drive via bootable Windows 10 USB.

Do you think it's possible to take Windows from drive C to E without erasing the data in drive D and F?

Everyone on the internet is recommending AOMEI but I'd very much prefer NOT to use a 3rd party program as it might inject malware and trackers in my PC, something I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Devgel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Devgel, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2021
  3. little cat, Mar 7, 2021
  4. SVLingam Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to "port" Windows 10 to another drive. - Similar Threads - Trying port another

2. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  3. Moving Windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Windows 10 to another drive: I recently reset my pc and windows got installed on the hdd instead of the ssd. I need to move it, because it's much slower now than before. So how do i do just that? How do i move windows 10 to another drive?...
  4. Moving windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 to another drive: Hi all, So I installed a NVMe drive on my desktop computer. My windows 10 install right now is on a SATA drive, and I would like to move it to my NVMe drive as I want to get faster load times and all. Any ideas? The only way I know of is to totally reinstall windows, which...
  5. Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.

Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.: Hey all so i have just been looking at my drives and noticed three folders that seem to of been created by windows on another of my drives, i did not say it could do this and now i can not delete them no i have not tried to restart yet as i am currently using the computer....
  6. Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive: Okay, So here's the thing. Laptop with small (16GB) Optane SSD & 1TB Seagate HDD failed. Retailer tried to repair, repair failed. Retailer replaced machine with new (lower spec) machine that only has m.2 NVMe PCIe sockets. Bought a small 'Proof-of-concept' SSD to check the...
  7. Trying To Forward Ports

Trying To Forward Ports: I am not new to port forwarding. I had to deal with it when running a Minecraft server on my PC. However, i am running into a problem with The Forest (for PC) Here are some screenshots of my problem. Basically, i get told that the ports are being used by other configs....
  8. Another try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another try: I have tried 10 a couple of times when the upgrade was free but it was so buggy and the privacy issues did worry me and on one machine the whole thing just froze. Now I am wondering if I am too late to install 7 onto a new drive and then upgrade for free? Edit I am...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hi My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it possible to reinstall to the other drive. My current Win 10 was a free upgrade from Win 7. 58866
  10. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10: How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive. The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the...