Windows 10: Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

Discus and support Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cds0100, Jun 30, 2022.

1. cds0100 Win User

Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio.

:)

cds0100, Jun 30, 2022
  2. michael Win User

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

I have created one animation with few frames and the i have adjusted the movement of those frames as per audio bit which I had connected to my ears while making that animation. but now I want to sync that animation video with audio file. I did that with virtual dub software as well but somewhere in video the frames left behind the audio.

Please give me proper suggestion of application which can do that.

Thanks
    micheal.

michael, Jun 30, 2022
  3. NicolaiC Win User
    Redirect application audio as mic audio

There is a app I use for my mic called WO mic and this plays live audio from my phone to the computer application, can I redirect the audio in the PC application as Mic audio for gaming? If not are there any applications I can download that can do this?

NicolaiC, Jun 30, 2022
  4. spapakons Win User

Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

how to play application sounds on all output device.

Well, if you have two audio cards (an onboard and a discrete) then you can hear the inputs (line in, microphone) of one from the speakers of the other. For example, I have an onboard Realtek HD audio card and a discrete Creative SoundBlaster Audigy card. I can configure to hear the input of the Realtek microphone through the Audigy speakers, see photo below. But there is no similar setting to send a sound to all sources, at least not directly from Windows. I don't know about a third party program though...

Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio [​IMG]

What are you trying to do? You could use a Y audio cable to connect both speakers and headphones to the speakers output of your audio card, and then listen to which one you want or both. See picture below.

Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio [​IMG]

spapakons, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio - Similar Threads - Trying prevent audio

2. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-output-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  3. Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to prevent audio output from one application while another application is playing audio: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-output-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  4. Trying to prevent audio from playing from one application while another application is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to prevent audio from playing from one application while another application is...: Specifically, I'm trying to stop spotify from outputting audio while another application is playing audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-prevent-audio-from-playing-from-one/de04093f-ea2d-49bb-b18b-2724be8fa238
  5. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deny applications from outputting audio?: My Windows 10 computer outputs audio at regular intervals of 20-30 minutes even though no one is using and sometimes even when it's locked. The sound emitted is short and probably inaudible. How do I stop this? I do not want my computer to emit sound without my permission!...
  6. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deny applications from outputting audio?: My Windows 10 computer outputs audio at regular intervals of 20-30 minutes even though no one is using and sometimes even when it's locked. The sound emitted is short and probably inaudible. How do I stop this? I do not want my computer to emit sound without my permission!...
  7. How to deny applications from outputting audio?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Prevent music applications from auto-playing music with audio jack extension

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent music applications from auto-playing music with audio jack extension: Hello,I only play music through my laptop via my earbuds. My setup includes having an audio jack extension cable which I permanently keep plugged into my laptop. When I need to listen to sound, I then plug my earbuds into the jack extension cable and not directly into the...
  9. How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent new applications from changing the audio output?: If I open a certain program sometimes it changes from like default output of headphones to a different non desired output and I have to manually set it back. It's annoying when this happens everyday a number of times. is there a solution>? submitted by /u/SorryToSay...
  10. Application ignores where I tell it to output audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application ignores where I tell it to output audio.: [ATTACH]I have this application set to output to my monitor, but it will only output through my headphones. I can't seem to find this issue anywhere else, and I'm losing my mind. All the work-arounds I have tried so far have caused echoing, or made devices unusable (playing...