Windows 10: trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears

Discus and support trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a Brother MFC235c printer I know its old but it has been fine up to now and it now won't print item goes to the queue and then dissappears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glenysjones181, Jun 19, 2020.

1. trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears

Hi I have a Brother MFC235c printer I know its old but it has been fine up to now and it now won't print item goes to the queue and then dissappears without any printing I know the printer is fine I have sen that there have been updates on Windows 10 and this may have effected it can you please advise as I need to print for work and it was fine until the latest windows 10 update

Thanks

:)

glenysjones181, Jun 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 printer queue dissappears

We have latest Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15 with Brother DCP L2540 printer.

We print files when printer is not connected and they store in "Queue".

If we attach printer via usb cord right away, the files print out.

If we turn PC off and try to print next day, sometimes files disappear, i.e. queue is empty.

1. How can we retain queue when PC is turned off??

2. What is the file name for the filled queue?? (search cannot find it!).

Thankyou for any help.

Cheers

Edward Blake

EdwardBlake-995, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 19, 2020
  4. trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears

Print job goes into queue and instantly disappears with nothing being printed

Thanks for the suggestions.

The printer is connected by USB. No driver for the printer appears in the
    uninstall or change a program
    lists. However via Device Manager I uninstalled the printer and checked the option to remove the driver. I plugged the printer into a different USB port and powered it on. The PC instantly recognised it and a driver was installed.
    Unfortunately when I try to print the problem remains - a job goes onto the queue and off again in the blink of an eye with nothing appearing on the printer.

As an experiment I installed the printer on another PC and tried to print to over a network. The same problem occurred. I saw the job arrive in the print queue, on the PC with the printer attached to it, disappear from the queue and nothing print out. I
    also tried connecting the printer directly to another PC running Windows 10 and the same problem now occurs.

When I use the maintenance software available in the Printer Preferences dialog box I can print a 'Nozzle Check' - the job goes into the queue and prints successfully. When I try and print from any application I have the problem described above.

As I mentioned when initially logging the problem - subjectively, this seems to have become a problem after a recent automatic update of windows. Coincidence? Maybe. Both PCs have had a recent automatic windows update.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

Chrisjo_2015, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears

1. trying to print on my Brother printer goes to queue and dissappears - Similar Threads - trying print Brother

2. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  3. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  4. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW

My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW: My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW. I tried to uninstall it and then reinstalling it, but that did not help. What could be the problem, and how can I fix it?...
  6. My Brother printer keeps printing an old document in spite of my clearing queue of any...

My Brother printer keeps printing an old document in spite of my clearing queue of any...: My printer does not obey command anymore. It keeps printing an old document in spite of clearing queue. I cannot use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brother-printer-keeps-printing-an-old-document/ea8c2f05-305e-4387-9101-a1cff164ba5f
  7. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  8. Brother printer not printing

Brother printer not printing: My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to...
  9. Printing but staying in the Printer Queue

Printing but staying in the Printer Queue: This is for a client of mine. It's a Sharp MX-B402SC printer working over a network. Items were printing for other people, but not for her. Restarting the printer seemed to be the fix for this. She can now print, but items are staying in her print queue. It doesn't seem to be...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...