Windows 10: Trying to reach security

Discus and support Trying to reach security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been hacked, and have been unable to log in to MS for the last two years. I cannot reset user names or passwords. I filled out some information... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Washley1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Washley1 Win User

Trying to reach security

I have been hacked, and have been unable to log in to MS for the last two years. I cannot reset user names or passwords. I filled out some information to help them see that I am who they say I am, but that was not enough for them to help. I have tried everything to get hold of someone live or on chat again, but every time I try they want me to reset my id or password, and it will not work. This catch 22 is really getting old. Dies anyone have a number I can try to get some actual help?

Thanks.

:)

Washley1, Dec 28, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 28, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Trying to reach security

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Trying to reach security

1. Trying to reach security - Similar Threads - Trying reach security

2. ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com: The problem only happens when trying to reach the this one website and only from this device it is not browser dependent it happens on everyone, other devices in the same network dont show any problems when trying to get therealready tried a lot including clearing cache,...
  3. ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com: The problem only happens when trying to reach the this one website and only from this device it is not browser dependent it happens on everyone, other devices in the same network dont show any problems when trying to get therealready tried a lot including clearing cache,...
  4. ERR_TIMED_OUT when trying to reach www.cloudflare.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't reach some settings in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reach some settings in Windows Security: Hello!I have a pretty big problem with windows security. Suddenly, in windows security I can't reach really important settings, like firewall, etc. If I try to access it, it says this: "Page not available: Your IT administrator limited access to some areas of this app, and...
  6. I can't reach some settings in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reach some settings in Windows Security: Hello!I have a pretty big problem with windows security. Suddenly, in windows security I can't reach really important settings, like firewall, etc. If I try to access it, it says this: "Page not available: Your IT administrator limited access to some areas of this app, and...
  7. I can't reach some settings in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Help to reach 100% (Stuck at 61 tried 4 time)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help to reach 100% (Stuck at 61 tried 4 time): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-pwagyi- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfqzlv/help_to_reach_100_stuck_at_61_tried_4_time/
  9. Can't Reach This Page Securely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Reach This Page Securely: Does anyone have a definitive answer to solve this problem. I cannot login to PayPal as it says my security settings are out of date or inadequate. Also can't access a local newspaper's electronic edition. I've checked my TSL settings and versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are...
  10. Microsoft 365 Security Center reaches general availability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 Security Center reaches general availability: Last year at Ignite 2018 we announced Microsoft Threat Protection and demonstrated it using the Microsoft 365 security center which provides security professionals with a fully integrated and specialized workspace that enables them to manage and take full advantage of...