Windows 10: Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

Discus and support Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had an existing Windows 10 Pro 64bit activation key that I was unaware cannot be used on multiple computers and I changed the product key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ToruYamamoto, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

Hi,

I had an existing Windows 10 Pro 64bit activation key that I was unaware cannot be used on multiple computers and I changed the product key to my laptop.

I have been trying to revert back to the original product key but have been unsuccessful for the past 48 hours.

I am obtaining the product key via CMD but the key is not working and I get the error code [0xc004f050] when I enter the original OEM key.

I am understanding that this error code is a server issue ? that may be resolved over time, but it seems to me that I am not having any luck.

The activation section of my settings page is displayed as below:

Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation 01aa366e-9d42-4603-a40d-99f1fec95c64?upload=true.png

Any help I can get to resolve this is appreciated, thank you

:)

ToruYamamoto, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Sachy2007 Win User

Reactivation Failed

I have just recently replaced my motherboard/processor and I reformatted my windows hard drive. I gone through the hardware changes steps, I chose the old machine listed on my account and clicked on ACTIVATE.

It now tells me that:

"Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

What am I missing here?

Sachy2007, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

1. Trying to reactivate Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation - Similar Threads - Trying reactivate Home

2. Windows 10 Pro fails to activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro fails to activate: A few years ago I got an activation code for windows 10 Pro x64 from a friend who had received a number from his comany incase they were needed.I have never had issues whenever i had to format and reinstall windows, it always automatically activated as it wass linked to my...
  3. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Home Activation fails!

Windows 10 Home Activation fails!: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and now I'm having problems to (re)activate the "Windows digital license linked to my Microsoft Account". Can somebody help? I include here a screenshot of a message I've got a couple of times: [IMG]...
  5. Windows 10 Home activation failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home activation failed: My PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. After that I used Windows 10 Home > Pro tool from Microsoft Store. But now I have an inactivated Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 Home through I lost my Windows 10 Home key. The key to Windows 7...
  6. Can't roll back to Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation

Can't roll back to Windows 10 Home after failed Pro activation: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15-5565 that came with Windows 10 Home and I tried to upgrade it to Pro because I needed some of the administration tools that come with it, so I tried to activate Pro with an old Windows 7 activation key I had (since I read this was one way it...
  7. Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade: Hello -- I recently upgraded my three-month old Razer Blade laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Windows Store. I then restarted, enabled Bitlocker on my C: drive, then added a PIN to my that drive after enabling "Require PIN" in Group Policy Editor. A day after...
  8. Windows 10 activation Home not pro

Windows 10 activation Home not pro: I jusg built a new gaming pc and installed windows off of a flash drive, I chose windows 10 pro and continued without a key. Yesterday I bought a windows 10 home key... when i go to settings to activate it says it does not work. I am assuming this is because the pc says...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...
  10. Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate

Windows 10 PRO activation now asks to reactivate: Back in 2015, I had a digital license of Windows 7 Professional and used it to activate a custom built PC. When Windows 10 went live and offered free upgrades, I upgraded mine to Windows 10 PRO and it was activated successfully. I have reformatted my PC several times since...