Windows 10: Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu

Discus and support Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cheebo364 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheebo364, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu

/u/cheebo364, Aug 12, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 12, 2020
  4. Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu

Microphone Sound Not Recorded in Game DVR

So I've been playing my games a lot. And I mean "a lot," because Overwatch is doing its summer games event. I've been getting on there and yacking it up with my teammates, while at the same time, I was trying to get to get good game footage using the Xbox Game DVR. Well, up until this point had I not realized that the thing wasn't recording me talking over the game sounds! It was working just fine, until I had to troubleshoot a string of BSODs that occurred. I'm using a Turtle Beach headset that I have to use a Y-adapter for, because apparently, there is no soundcard that accepts a tip-ring-ring-sleeve connector.

The microphone works outside of me recording video, and players in the game can hear me, but microphone recording (and for some reason, game sounds recording) is spotty at best.

I would have opted to use a pair of USB headphones, if I had any with 40mm drivers and a retractable mic.

HoneycombWX, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu

1. Trying to record footage w snickerstream and the microphone isn't showing in the cp sound menu - Similar Threads - Trying record footage

2. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program to Record Sound and Microphone: Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability...
  3. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  4. Microphone - W

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone - W: hile using Zoom, other participants have hard time hearing me while I'm speaking. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-w/87b61e5f-a629-4b20-b7fd-2cbd197fbbf0
  5. Unable to record game footage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to record game footage: I recently switched to a new computer, and I tried recording game footage from the game bar, but it said that my system is unable to do that. Is there some work-around I can use to record footage? submitted by /u/Starman_64 [link] [comments]...
  6. Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.: Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my own for the past 2 hours and have not been able to fix the issue. I've even tried to replace the microphone. The bars on...
  7. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab: My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones do not work....
  8. Microphone wont show in recording devices

Microphone wont show in recording devices: Hello my computer decided to go AWOL and it started giving me troubles with my recording devices, i am unable to enable or disable my other mics i have in there. The previous mic i use is also absent from the recording devices tab but shows up in the device manager. I tried...
  9. Recording Game Footage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Game Footage: Using W10 and I am really impressed with it so far. The issue I am having is that I have tried using my normal recording software which is Xsplit but it wont record, neither will Fraps, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance. 4284
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....