Windows 10: Trying to recover an old hard drive

Discus and support Trying to recover an old hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stuck in a bit of a bind. I have an old hard-drive on windows 7, but trying to get it back up and running. My laptop gives me a boot error, so I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arrogantyak, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Trying to recover an old hard drive

Stuck in a bit of a bind. I have an old hard-drive on windows 7, but trying to get it back up and running.

My laptop gives me a boot error, so I'm trying to install windows 10, but keep the current partitions for retaining files.

When installing from USB, it gets stuck on copying files 0%.

Is there any hope for me, or is it better off getting data recovery experts involved?

:)

Arrogantyak, Jan 27, 2021
  2. db2366 Win User

How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop (windows 10), however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users''
    folder. Any suggestions?

db2366, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Trying to recover an old hard drive

little cat, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Trying to recover an old hard drive

1. Trying to recover an old hard drive - Similar Threads - Trying recover old

2. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  3. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  4. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  6. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  7. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Boot using old hard drive to recover files

Boot using old hard drive to recover files: Hi guys,I have an ACER Aspire E1-572G Laptop.It is installed with Original windows 8.1 and was upgraded to W10 Home.Recently i sent the laptop for repair.So, the tech take out my 1 TB HDD untouched and put new 250 GB SSD and install new windows in it.Afterwards i personally...
  9. trying to access old hard drive

trying to access old hard drive: Good morning all. I recently purchased a new computer, and I'm using old hard drives to move files off other computers, and the hard drives off computers which died, and I kept the drives from. I'm on my last two drives, and I'm not able to access either. I plug them in--...
  10. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...