Windows 10: Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

Discus and support Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ppeacock57, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one...
    Sorry; I'm new around here!

I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin).
    I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can!

I had upgraded the old one to Windows 10 and when I log in on the NEW computer
    I see the images from the old dead one. It gives me hope that the files
    were saved, but I cannot find them on OneDrive.

Where can these files be coming from?

:)

ppeacock57, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Mark_W. Win User

can they see i blocked them??

Hello chk333:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding you question about blocked calls. From my understanding whether the caller knows they are blocked is ultimately something determined by the mobile operator. In most cases the way this works is the block simply
    blocks you from receiving the call. With phone calls this tends to send a blocked number straight to voicemail or leads to an unending ring. When it comes to text messages, I have not been able to gather any information regarding exactly what happens.

At this point I might suggest you reach out to your carrier and inquire with them how blocked communications on their network are handled.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 6, 2015
  3. chk333 Win User
    can they see i blocked them??

I just blocked someone from text/calls on my Nokia Lumia. Can they see that I blocked them?? (response text saying they are blocked or automated message saying they are blocked from calls)

chk333, Oct 6, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

OneDrive only shows files you have synced from your devices or uploaded manually. In OneDrive you arte not seeing what's on your PC. Use File Explorer to search for your files. If the system was updated, look for a "Windows.old" folder in the C drive. All of your user data should be stored there. Check your Users folder too, for any leftover user files from previous accounts.

XweAponX, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

1. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them. - Similar Threads - Trying Recover files

2. I can see them but the screen is black on their end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see them but the screen is black on their end.: Split from this thread. i CAN SEE THEM BUT THESCREEN IS BLACK ON THERE END. The camera light is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-them-but-the-screen-is-black-on-their/b4f820a8-5054-42fd-959f-da211fd38b4d
  3. I can see them but the screen is black on their end.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see them but the screen is black on their end.: Split from this thread. i CAN SEE THEM BUT THESCREEN IS BLACK ON THERE END. The camera light is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-them-but-the-screen-is-black-on-their/b4f820a8-5054-42fd-959f-da211fd38b4d
  4. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  5. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I see them?: I have been given phots on jpg format my computer does not support this file how can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-them/e023be3d-b71e-4571-ba8b-46c2a53dc753
  6. How can I see them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 hides my documents and files, can't see them to upload though I can find them...

Windows 10 hides my documents and files, can't see them to upload though I can find them...: I have been having a recurrent problem finding my files in Windows 10. I just downloaded a file and want to upload it to a site but cannot find it when I am trying to attach it to a NextDoor conversation. I downloaded it to "Downloads" and when I search for it, I see it...
  8. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  9. Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?: Poking around my computer trying to figure this out. submitted by /u/horr1fyinq [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/harond/can_scvhostexe_backup_files_if_so_where_can_i/
  10. Folder lost which had a few hundred photos, chkdsk saw them, recovered them, I can't find them

Folder lost which had a few hundred photos, chkdsk saw them, recovered them, I can't find them: Background I use an external hard drive to store my photos. It is WD My Passport 2 TB I use a Windows 7 laptop with an SD reader to download my photos from the camera card. My normal practice is to go through all the photos and delete the blurry ones. Then I dismount...