Windows 10: Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

Discus and support Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ppeacock57, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one...
    Sorry; I'm new around here!

I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin).
    I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can!

I had upgraded the old one to Windows 10 and when I log in on the NEW computer
    I see the images from the old dead one. It gives me hope that the files
    were saved, but I cannot find them on OneDrive.

Where can these files be coming from?

:)

ppeacock57, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Mark_W. Win User

can they see i blocked them??

Hello chk333:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding you question about blocked calls. From my understanding whether the caller knows they are blocked is ultimately something determined by the mobile operator. In most cases the way this works is the block simply
    blocks you from receiving the call. With phone calls this tends to send a blocked number straight to voicemail or leads to an unending ring. When it comes to text messages, I have not been able to gather any information regarding exactly what happens.

At this point I might suggest you reach out to your carrier and inquire with them how blocked communications on their network are handled.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 6, 2015
  3. chk333 Win User
    can they see i blocked them??

I just blocked someone from text/calls on my Nokia Lumia. Can they see that I blocked them?? (response text saying they are blocked or automated message saying they are blocked from calls)

chk333, Oct 6, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

OneDrive only shows files you have synced from your devices or uploaded manually. In OneDrive you arte not seeing what's on your PC. Use File Explorer to search for your files. If the system was updated, look for a "Windows.old" folder in the C drive. All of your user data should be stored there. Check your Users folder too, for any leftover user files from previous accounts.

XweAponX, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

1. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them. - Similar Threads - Trying Recover files

2. Windows search finds files but will not open them

in Cortana
    Windows search finds files but will not open them: Windows 10 search finds all the files I am looking for, but when I click on any of them either nothing happens, or if it's a folder, only an Explorer windows opens up to location "This PC". If I restart the search service, it will work properly for a few hours/days, and...
  3. Folder lost which had a few hundred photos, chkdsk saw them, recovered them, I can't find them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder lost which had a few hundred photos, chkdsk saw them, recovered them, I can't find them: Background I use an external hard drive to store my photos. It is WD My Passport 2 TB I use a Windows 7 laptop with an SD reader to download my photos from the camera card. My normal practice is to go through all the photos and delete the blurry ones. Then I dismount...
  4. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.: the onedrive icon on task bar showed it was downloading over 6gig, when I look in the Onedrive directory all, all directories have green circle with white check mark but I can not find any of the using the file explorer, opening the my pc section on the left. any idea how...
  5. Scanned documents into my computer and now I can not find them

Scanned documents into my computer and now I can not find them: I have scanned documents inti my computer and now I can not find them. Any ideas... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanned-documents-into-my-computer-and-now-i-can/ef30eaca-fa30-4549-a853-c370c62850a6"
  6. I can't see picture unless I open them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see picture unless I open them: First of all, I don't know if this is the right forum for this question. If it's not, please free to remove it. I know this subject title sounds not a serious problem. It started 2 days ago. I don't remember the exact time. I tried to google, but I don't know how to...
  7. Windows 10 Network Can See PC's but not Browse to them

Windows 10 Network Can See PC's but not Browse to them: Hi, I have a slightly strange one. I have a Windows 10 PC running Windows 10 Education, that we use for holding in our Photos, Videos and Music. Under Network we can see all the other machines on my network including my Rasperry Pi and other WIndows 10 PC's, but when you...
  8. Can see files in folders shared on Win7 machine, but cannot open them

Can see files in folders shared on Win7 machine, but cannot open them: Four devices are connected to the Ethernet ports of the broadband router provided by my ISP: a Win7 Home Premium PC, a Win10 Pro NB and two Linux media players. The only problem with respect to file sharing among these devices is that the Win10 Pro NB can see, from File...
  9. tooltips for videos... can i change them?

in Windows 10 Support
    tooltips for videos... can i change them?: hi... does anyone know what controls the tooltips for files and videos? for mp4 it shows the size and the length and whether it's available offline for webm and flash it shows the size and the date and i'd like to make them all the same... i tried looking for it in...
  10. Searching, but why can't I find them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching, but why can't I find them?: I have folders that contain daily files of data from my router. I have been trying to files named ConnectionStats that are followed by a date, so the full nam would be for example: ConnectionStats-yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss. Searches on ConnectionStats-yyyy succeed if the yyyy is...