Windows 10: Trying to recover photos

Discus and support Trying to recover photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to find some of my oldest digital photos for an upcoming family event and am struggling to access them using my relatively new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DMW_GDH, Jan 13, 2020.

1. DMW_GDH Win User

Trying to recover photos

Hi,

I have been trying to find some of my oldest digital photos for an upcoming family event and am struggling to access them using my relatively new Windows 10 PC. I seem to have 2 separate problems:

1. Oldest photos from around 2004-2008 ish were burned to CD-RW, on I think a Windows XP Dell PC. I have tried 3 CDs and in each case the DVD drive rattles and hums for ages up to 20 minutes I would guess. In one case it allowed me to view a small proportion of the photos, but for the other 2 CDs it could find no data.

2. Slightly later photos were burned to DVD. With the DVDs, the drive is much quicker to open the discs and identifies the correct folder structure for each disc. However, it shows each separate folder to be empty, with 0 files and 0 memory - BUT when I click on properties for the whole disc in this case G:\drive it shows that the discs are all about 80% full.

My newer photos are all backed up both to the Cloud and a separate external hard drive, but I never got around to catching up on the backlog of the older ones.

The discs have all been kept in cases and in a dry place - there are no signs of damage to the discs.

Its been suggested that the problem is that the discs were created in older versions of Windows XP or possibly 7 in the case of the DVDs and that Windows 10 will not open them - is that true? If so were customers made aware of this?

So far I have deleted and reinstalled the DVD driver software but that has not made any difference.

I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest any way I might regain access to these photos.

Thanks

:)

DMW_GDH, Jan 13, 2020
  2. itsakjt Win User

Recovering photos: Help appreciated.

Due to a camera malfunction, some photos from the memory card were deleted. My friend and me were able to recover them with help of recovery software but some photos are grayed out(50%). The memory card was left intact and no new data was written in our knowledge. It is in the FAT file format and a 4 GB card.

Is there any way to recover the photos in their original state?

itsakjt, Jan 13, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Bo$$ Win User

Trying to recover photos

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Thema:

Trying to recover photos

1. Trying to recover photos - Similar Threads - Trying recover photos

2. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovered Photos Not Viewable: I accidentally deleted my photos and I used an app called WinfrGUI to recover them and when i try to open them it says that it doesnt support the file format. Ive tried reseting microsoft photos and it still wont let me see it so I downloaded an app called HEIC Image Viewer...
  3. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovered Photos Not Viewable: I accidentally deleted my photos and I used an app called WinfrGUI to recover them and when i try to open them it says that it doesnt support the file format. Ive tried reseting microsoft photos and it still wont let me see it so I downloaded an app called HEIC Image Viewer...
  4. Recovered Photos Not Viewable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. recover deleted photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted photos: please help me to find a recovery software to recover my deleted photos from my nokia lumia 625 phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-photos/1957d0ed-de06-4789-8a90-3af4ebd56a1c
  6. recover deleted photos

recover deleted photos: please help me to find a recovery software to recover my deleted photos from my nokia lumia 625 phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-photos/1957d0ed-de06-4789-8a90-3af4ebd56a1c
  7. Trying to recover deleted photo from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to recover deleted photo from SD card: I have accidentally deleted 1 important photo from my SD card. I downloaded a couple different types of software that found a couple deleted photos quickly. When I try to open the recovered photos, the Photos app opens and it says "It looks like we don't support this file...
  8. Recover Photos

Recover Photos: Hi I accidentally deleted some photos from my Onedrive and in the recycled bin as well, is there a way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-photos/995272c0-eacf-4bb5-8a8d-fe4baf5c85ec
  9. Recover deleted photos

Recover deleted photos: i accidently deleted files from my laptop permanently. there are no previous version of folder in the laptop, please help me recover the data it was very important. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-photos/95b5c16a-7563-4a5d-9ded-7524f3c58d96
  10. RECOVER PHOTOS

RECOVER PHOTOS: this am I moved photos from my camcard to "new folder" on my desktop screen. now I cant find them anywhere!!! what can I do to recover these photos from the camcard??? HELP!!! no, copies are NOT still on camcard, it was erased. please answer ASAP! these are important!...