Windows 10: Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC?

Discus and support Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can get into its properties, but can't reformat it from there. It isn't coming up in the main PC folders/devices on the left of the folder. Never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/honkyjesuseternal, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC?

I can get into its properties, but can't reformat it from there. It isn't coming up in the main PC folders/devices on the left of the folder. Never had this problem before. I can see it on the bottom right taskbar, too, but can't reformat it via any option there. It is like a six year old Toshiba 1TB, I believe the Canvio model.

submitted by /u/honkyjesuseternal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/honkyjesuseternal, Jul 30, 2020
  2. GrahamHPC Win User

How to reformat invisible USB drive?

I have an 8 GB Staples Relay USB drive which I foolishly formatted for the Wii U.

I am trying to reformat the drive to the NTFS format so I can use it on my PC, but it does not show up under This PC or under Disk Management.

The drive does show up under Device Manager as "Staples Relay UFD USB Device", but when I go into properties I can't see Optimize for performance under the policies tab, so I am not sure how to reformat
    it.

There isn't any data on the USB drive that I need recovered.

Any help would be much appreciated.

GrahamHPC, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jul 30, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC?

How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC?

1. Trying to reformat a USB drive, but it won't show up in Library/PC? - Similar Threads - Trying reformat USB

2. USB drive showing up as 2 Drives on PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    USB drive showing up as 2 Drives on PC [Fix]: [IMG]Some Windows users have complained that when they connect a USB drive to their Windows PC, the USB drive shows up as 2 different drives when they plug it in. If you are facing the same issue, we have you covered with all working fixes. So, check out below. Fix USB drive...
  3. Trying to reformat my windows drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reformat my windows drive.: About a year and a 1/2 ago I wiped my computer. But while doing so, my C drive was 1 TB and it got formatted into 400 GB. I just wiped my computer again. And I'm trying to make my c drive back to A Terabyte. No matter what I do I can't wipe it or reformat it. And I don't know...
  4. reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows: I have a Sonnics external hard drive that I wish to reformat, but it isn't showing up in File Explorer. It shows up in file explorer, I have tried the steps of deleting the drivers and rebooting, but it doesn't work.Is there a way i can reformat the drive without it appearing...
  5. reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reformat external hard drive that is not showing up in Windows: I have a Sonnics external hard drive that I wish to reformat, but it isn't showing up in File Explorer. It shows up in file explorer, I have tried the steps of deleting the drivers and rebooting, but it doesn't work.Is there a way i can reformat the drive without it appearing...
  6. I’m trying to start up windows from a USB Drive but then this shows up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to start up windows from a USB Drive but then this shows up.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CanIStealUsernames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkm61p/im_trying_to_start_up_windows_from_a_usb_drive/
  7. usb drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive not showing up: I baught a well stared and reviewed cheap usb with 32gb from amazon, and it worked well for a while, eventually it just kept disconnecting and today when I looked i connected it again, it made the connection sounds, but it disappeared from the main list in file explorer, i...
  8. USB not showing up in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not showing up in This PC: Hello, After trying to make my usb bootable with Rufus and having issues, my usb drive isn't showing up anymore in file explorer when i plug in my usb. I searched a lot on google, i tried a lot of things, but nothing worked for me. I will give more details hoping...
  9. Trying to reformat old boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to reformat old boot drive: Running Win10 1909 64 bit. I replaced my old 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I'd like to format the old 1TB HDD and use it to replace my 640GB HDD "D" drive. So, I plugged in the old HDD and booted. Came up with a bluescreen that asked said I needed to go back to change the BIOS. The...
  10. How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive: I used the "Create recovery drive" tool in Windows 10 to create a recovery drive on a USB stick. I no longer need that recovery drive and would like to use the USB stick for other things. I have been unable to erase or reformat the USB drive. I keep getting a write protection...