Windows 10: trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors

Discus and support trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5542G laptop and did the upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit. Now I want to reinstall Win 10 back to factory fresh settings. I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ronfrew, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ronfrew Win User

trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5542G laptop and did the upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit. Now I want to reinstall Win 10 back to factory fresh settings. I used the Recovery reset but this failed with a "There was an error resetting this PC" error message. I then made a Win 10 ISO DVD and but that did not work, it failed with a "Setup could not start, reboot and try again" message. I made another ISO DVD and tried that but just the same result.
    I would go back to Win 7 but I no longer have this option. Any advice on getting Win 10 to fresh install?? Hopefully not to technical as it would be over my head to be honest lol.
    Regards,
    Ron

:)

ronfrew, Apr 6, 2017

2. trying to reinstall windows (factory settings or recovery point)

Hello

I changed something in the security settings of my c drive, now the c drive is not longer accessible. Due to this, i can't any longer install programs or download.

I tried already to restore my computer to factory settings, used a recovery point, tried the command prompt,rebooted in safe mode, but nothing works. I think i lost my administrator rights, but then I enabled the hidden administrator account and this won't
    work either

Can you tell me how to reinstall windows completely (this seems the best option to me)? Or are their other solutions?

I have an acer aspire V3-571G and windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Paul

PaulHulsbosch, Apr 6, 2017
  3. trying to reinstall windows (factory settings or recovery point)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10 installation.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Some PCs may need long time to download Windows 10, depending on the quality of the internet connection.

Tip - If your Windows 10 download is taking too long, try disconnecting any USB devices and extended display cables that may be connected.

Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool" in the link below for creating the tool.

Download Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 6, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Create a usb installation stick using the Media Creation Tool. boot from it and select custom install (preferably deleting all partitions - backup valuable data elsewhere), and skip key entry.

cereberus, Apr 6, 2017
  5. ronfrew Win User
    Thanks cerebus I will try this way and let you know if it worked
    Regards
    Ron

ronfrew, Apr 6, 2017
  6. ronfrew Win User
    Hi, I created the Windows 10 usb installation stick as suggested above by cerebus then tried to boot from that, but I am getting an error message "startup unable to run, reboot pc and try again." I have found that my hard drive has 3 partitions.
    1 is the C: ACER partition. 2 is the :SYSTEM RESERVED partition. 3 is the : PQSERVICE partition.
    Should I be deleting all or any of these partitions before I try to run the usb installation stick? I have backed up everything that I want to keep, just a bit concerned that I delete something that would brick the laptop so to speak.
    Regards
    Ron

ronfrew, Apr 13, 2017
  7. sn00ker Win User
    Is the laptop still under warranty, if so ? I wouldn't delete those partitions unless you have them also backed up

sn00ker, Apr 13, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

How are you attempting to boot from the USB flash drive or DVD? When you first turn the computer on, repeatedly tapping F12 as soon as you see signs of life should get you into the boot menu - what options do you see? The DVD should be in the drive and/or the USB flash drive inserted when you power on the computer. If F12 doesn't work, you have to enable in BIOS and you get into BIOS setup by repeatedly press F2 at first signs of life when powering on.

From the ACER manual, you can also try this:

trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. trying to reinstall WIN 10 to factory settings but getting errors - Similar Threads - trying reinstall factory

2. Trying to reset Pc to factory settings and i am getting a bad image error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reset Pc to factory settings and i am getting a bad image error: I have been trying to update windows for ages now and nothing seems to be working so this morning decided to reset to factory settings and it says unable to reset to factory settings because an error occured. I cannot run sfc/scan now or dism restore health as it simply...
  3. Trying to reset Pc to factory settings and i am getting a bad image error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to reset Pc to factory settings and i am getting a bad image error: I have been trying to update windows for ages now and nothing seems to be working so this morning decided to reset to factory settings and it says unable to reset to factory settings because an error occured. I cannot run sfc/scan now or dism restore health as it simply...
  4. Trying to reset Pc to factory settings and i am getting a bad image error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD afte reinstalling factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD afte reinstalling factory settings: Hi Win 10 ver 1511DESKTOP-MMQ6DDE-(2021-02-18_06-55-38).zip Did restore factory and updated drivers with Samsung app Alan 174490
  6. I’m trying to restore factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I’m trying to restore factory settings: [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]I want to restore my laptop to factory settings but whenever i get into the the advanced options screen it wants me to restart my computer without even doing anything. Its rather fustrating cause no matter how i get to the advanced options screen this is...
  7. "Get Started" Button when trying to factory reset does not work WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Get Started" Button when trying to factory reset does not work WIN 10: Every time i click it, it gives a little loading symbol and it does nothing. Clicking "Fresh start" has the same outcome. Iv'e tried doing sfc scan and a dism restore but they both had errors. They both told me to consult my Logs so i did, but they are just too complicated...
  8. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall with factory settings: Hi Everyone, Now this is VERY upsetting and I've been struggling with it for two days now. To cut a long story: I did some mistakes (merged "documents" with a drive and while trying to solve the problem it went from bad to worse by uninstalling the drive and deleting ist...
  10. Win 10 reset factory error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reset factory error: how to fix a reset factory error.. please need some advice...my laptop is restart always after the logo sign appear thnx for ur help..^_^ 75014