Windows 10: Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into...

Discus and support Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason I couldn’t restore Windows to factory settings on my PC, so I used the Windows installation tool. On the last step, when it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into...

For some reason I couldn’t restore Windows to factory settings on my PC, so I used the Windows installation tool. On the last step, when it tells me it’s finishing up, I’m getting this error message.

Any ideas for a fix? I don’t have another USB drive to use unfortunately. The only one I have that’s 8GB is my eternal hard drive which has about 400GB of data that I don’t want to be erased.

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Akumos Win User

OS Install stops at "Windows preparing to start"

Hi

Trying to install windows from scratch on a computer. Tried with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. In both instances, it boots from the CD, loads the drivers and just before it starts it sticks on "Windows is preparing to start". I'm at work so can't list a detailed spec now but it's somthing like:

AMD Athlon 800MHz
    512MB RAM
    80GB HDD
    LG CDROM
    Can't remember graphics card

Tried swapping the RAM, changing the HDD and pulling out all the additional PCI cards... nothing is working... HELP!

Thanks

Akumos, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Nolbu Win User

Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into...

Trying to reinstall Windows 7 Home premium from Windows 8 Pro

Hi, I have just installed Windows 8 pro and I don't like it. I tried it for a day but I think it has too many unnecessary functions, which drives me crazy. I tried to re-boot with Windows 7 disc in it, but I am unable to select anything using keyboard and mouse on windows 7 installation step (where i choose language and input). Please help.

Nolbu, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into...

1. Trying to reinstall Windows. Getting ‘Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into... - Similar Threads - Trying reinstall Getting

2. " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To...: Hi I have a Lenovo M73z AIO computer that crashed and I'm trying reinstall Windows 10 however when it reaches the Finishing up stage it states that" Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the...
  3. " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To...: Hi I have a Lenovo M73z AIO computer that crashed and I'm trying reinstall Windows 10 however when it reaches the Finishing up stage it states that" Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the...
  4. " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation: * not duplicated *Hello,I have 2 disks on my Laptop - HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with Legacy boot disabled as it should be. Disk 0 is 1tb and it's empty. Disk 1 is 256gb has some partitions that I won't delete. I want to install Windows 10 on Disk 0. I made my usb with rufus, the...
  6. Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation: * not duplicated *Hello,I have 2 disks on my Laptop - HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with Legacy boot disabled as it should be. Disk 0 is 1tb and it's empty. Disk 1 is 256gb has some partitions that I won't delete. I want to install Windows 10 on Disk 0. I made my usb with rufus, the...
  7. Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation: I've been trying to fix this for like 7 hours now. so I got arch Linux running on my SSD and wanted to add windows. downloaded the windows iso file and put it on a USB. install failed. tried a different program. install failed. tried a different usb drive : install failed....
  8. Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation.

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation.: Greetings. My computer is giving out the message “ Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation” whenever i try installing it. I have tried for hours now with multiple drives. I have...
  9. “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase” error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase” error: Hello, I have been building my first gaming pc and I need to install Windows 10 (64 bit). I’m using a USB, installing without a key for now, and booting it from the SSD. I’ve unplugged my hard drive from the power supply, so it’s not an option. However, when I delete all...
  10. Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation: My girlfriend's computer, which is a Lenovo Legion, started an odd cycle over the weekend. She had the computer turned off, then attempted to turn it on and saw that Automatic Repair launched. Automatic Repair said that it couldn't repair the PC and said that there was more...