Windows 10: Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

Discus and support Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So every single tutorial tells you to change ownership of the file you're trying to delete going through properties. And for Windows 10 they say click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisDikiy, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

So every single tutorial tells you to change ownership of the file you're trying to delete going through properties. And for Windows 10 they say click on the change button next to the name TrustedInstaller. 2 years ago this would have worked, it would have opened a small window so you can change the permission. However now when I click the button to try and change it, the button just turns Gray. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

ChrisDikiy, Jun 6, 2021

2. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

1. Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer" - Similar Threads - Trying remove file

2. Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions: So I installed Mozilla Fire Fox for a bit and I didn't quite like it. I uninstalled and still have some mozilla.browser files and firefox.browser files on my computer. Whenever I try to delete them, I get blocked by SYSTEM, or TrustedInstaller. Help would be appreciated to...
  3. Trusted installer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted installer.: I have been dealing with a nasty Trojan for some time. After a clean install I don't connect to the internet. The owner is trusted installer. So I attempt to take over along the way there are files like page.sys or swap file dump stack log etc certain folders that I still...
  4. Removing the trusted app permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the trusted app permissions: I was installing virtual box and while installing, there came a pop up asking a yes or no question. A checkbox was ticked saying "Always allow oracle corporation to install app" something like that, I am unable to recall it. The problem is I actually allowed it and I want...
  5. Trusted Installer

Trusted Installer: Is there a mode or a thing i can do that will make it so i can bypass trusted installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-installer/7f5e0f8a-845d-4e63-bcf1-45414f4abe2e"
  6. Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

Trusted Installer files Trying to delete: So my program files took up a lot of space on my 112gb SSD so i decided i wanted to move them to my 1tb hdd and me being quite nieve thought hey lets just drag and drop it obviously that didnt work so i turned to google. I found a couple of articles and one in particular...
  7. Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Attributes that are owned by Trusted Installer: Does anyone know if its possible to change the attributes (under properties) to "Hidden" if a file or folder is owned by TrustedInstaller? or will it simply not allow you to do so? The reason why I'm asking this question is because I remember back in Windows XP, you'd have to...
  8. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection': Hi all. I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly. When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an...
  9. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Installer: Have successfully updated all iterations for W10 up to the present 10166. When first started after this install the computer froze when trying to open Edge and also on a couple of other Apps. I did a scannow and a dism, both showing faults, and of course reported it....
  10. trusted installer

in Windows 10 Support
    trusted installer: trusted installer will not let me delete internet explorer I want to delete it because it apparently has conduit infecting it winpatrol and Malwarebytes find it and take it out but it is still there apparently reinstalling itself 34685