Windows 10: trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt

Discus and support trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my mom doesn't allow my side to be administrator, but she's ok with getting the password removed so she doesn't have to put it in every time i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Poop_Stick17, Mar 25, 2021.

1. trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt

my mom doesn't allow my side to be administrator, but she's ok with getting the password removed so she doesn't have to put it in every time i want to download something. I learned i can get it removed through command prompt. but the only thing is idk how to work the administrator side of command prompt. when i go to normal command prompt it looks like this

C:\Users\999>

i then enter: net user Administrator *enter new password* and confirm it but get denied for not being on the admin side.

so i simply thought all i had to do was get her to come downstairs and run command prompt as an administrator and simply just get this whole password thing nipped in the bud but no, it looked completely different. it didnt say "C\Users\999>" it said something completely different. i dont remember what it was because i cant just pull up the administrator version, but i thought nothing of it at first, i still went with what i planned to do: net user Administrator (password) *enter enter* and it said command completed and all. but when i tried to download something to test it out, it still asked for the password. my mom then went upstairs angry that i wasted her time and i got nowhere.

does anyone know how i can get the administrator password changed/removed on my side using command prompt? the help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Poop_Stick17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Poop_Stick17, Mar 25, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 25, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Caring1 Win User

trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt

1. trying to remove Administrator password with command prompt - Similar Threads - trying remove Administrator

2. Wrong Password for advanced start-up command prompt administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Password for advanced start-up command prompt administrator: I'm trying to get to the command prompt in the advanced startup so I can reformat my main boot drive to GPT because it is still in MBR I'm trying to get upgraded to Windows 11 and I cannot change my boot sequence to UEFI currently without having problems. I've run into the...
  3. Wrong Password for advanced start-up command prompt administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong Password for advanced start-up command prompt administrator: I'm trying to get to the command prompt in the advanced startup so I can reformat my main boot drive to GPT because it is still in MBR I'm trying to get upgraded to Windows 11 and I cannot change my boot sequence to UEFI currently without having problems. I've run into the...
  4. Wrong Password for advanced start-up command prompt administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  6. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  7. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  9. Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator: When selecting the command prompt from the right click on startup options I get the following message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in...
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415