Windows 10: Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

Discus and support Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to... in Cortana to solve the problem; Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to uncheck . I'm using the latest update of Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Wadely, May 31, 2020.

1. Wadely Win User

Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to uncheck .

I'm using the latest update of Windows 10 Home so I don't have the gpedit.msc app.

Any suggestions? Just trying to get rid of the Cortana icon on the taskbar to free up taskbar space.

:)

Wadely, May 31, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2020
  4. Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

Cortana is not showing in taskbar since update

Hi Shivam,

There are times that Cortana may not work after an update unexpectedly.

To better assist you, kindly answer these questions:

• Have you checked if Cortana is turned off? Go to Cortana Home and selecting the grid icon.
    • Have you checked the other user account and see if Cortana will work?
    • Did you check in the taskbar if Cortana is hidden or not? Right click the taskbar, click Cortana and make sure to choose "Show Cortana icon" or "Show search box".

Raymond Ave, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to...

1. Trying to remove Cortana from taskbar, but there is no "Show Cortana Button" menu option to... - Similar Threads - Trying remove Cortana

2. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  3. No option to enable Cortana button

in Cortana
    No option to enable Cortana button: Hi, I right clicked the taskbar. Look: [ATTACH] No option to enable Cortana button. Can someone please help? How can I fix this? Will 20H1 fix the issue?...
  4. Removing Cortana

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana: I don’t use Cortana and want to remove it from my PC. What are the steps? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-cortana/113aeeb5-f69b-4ddf-9d1e-0d41e307b435
  5. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  6. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Putting cortana/search button on taskbar: The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to the search box in my taskbar (later changed to cortana), having to pin it or drag it from somewhere, but the problems begin...
  7. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  8. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  9. cortana removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087
  10. Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Taskbar - Start button - Cortana - Edge: Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.192 I suddenly have a problem with the Task Bar when I can open all applications pinned on the Task Bar except Edge which gave me a "System Call Failed" error, Cortana does not work and the Start button only works when I right...