Windows 10: trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one

Discus and support trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StaceyWashington1, Jun 7, 2020.

1. trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one

trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one

:)

StaceyWashington1, Jun 7, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 7, 2020
  3. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. trying to remove devices that i no longer have and add a new one - Similar Threads - trying remove devices

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Password got removed and i cant add one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  6. Password got removed and i cant add one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  7. Password got removed and i cant add one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to add a local printer via "add device": Hi,Normally I connect printers to my computer via IP. My printers never show up in the device search, I've always just clicked the "the printer I want isn't listed" when the search comes up dry and then it lets me add by IP normally. However, this button seems to be missing...
  9. I want to remove the windows I have rn and add another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to remove the windows I have rn and add another one: I have a windows that was installed by someone else without a product key, and I want to add in my own windows that I have a product key. How can I replace the old windows with the new one i have right now? submitted by /u/BozaCar [link] [comments]...
  10. Removing account I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account I no longer have access to: I have a question regarding a work/school email address. I quit my job two days ago. Today, I was trying to remove that account from my Windows 10 mail app. Since my workplace removed my login access before I quit, I am not able to log in to my account to remove the account...