Windows 10: Trying to remove family settings

Discus and support Trying to remove family settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I go to the page where it lists the people in your family, I don't see my name anywhere. How am I supposed to remove myself when I don't even show... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Torchwood2007, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Trying to remove family settings

When I go to the page where it lists the people in your family, I don't see my name anywhere. How am I supposed to remove myself when I don't even show up on the list?!

:)

Torchwood2007, Jun 19, 2019

2. Remove myself from the Family safety

Hello Billy,

I understand that you are trying to remove yourself from the Family safety settings in Windows. We will help you.

Note: You cannot remove yourself from a family if you are the only adult and there are still child accounts still in the family.
    If you want to remove yourself, you'll need to add another adult first, or remove all the child accounts first.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows.

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Trying to remove family settings

When I go to the page where it lists the people in your family, I don't see my name anywhere. How am I supposed to remove myself when I don't even show up on the list?!

Torchwood2007, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Trying to remove family settings

How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Trying to remove family settings

1. Trying to remove family settings - Similar Threads - Trying remove family

2. Trying to remove a child account from family share.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to remove a child account from family share.: I’m the organizer. It gives me a message saying the child account is for a minor and the adult organizer has to give consent. I am the adult organizer and I’m signed into my account as I request the removal. Please help....
  3. Trying to remove a child account from family share.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to remove a child account from family share.: I’m the organizer. It gives me a message saying the child account is for a minor and the adult organizer has to give consent. I am the adult organizer and I’m signed into my account as I request the removal. Please help....
  4. Family Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Setting: I am trying to enable parental controls for my child using MS Family but it is giving me nothing but trouble.At first I sent the invite to the member and it allowed me to accept the invite on their side but didn't show up on my side as accepted so it still said pending. I...
  5. Family Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Settings: So basically, I'm not sure what I did, but now whenever I try to open Google Chrome, it shows up as "Microsoft family features, you'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome". With a blue button saying "Ask by email". This have never happened...
  6. Family- settings for my son not working, and I can't change or remove him to try to fix

Family- settings for my son not working, and I can't change or remove him to try to fix: I've previously posted about my son not being able to use chome on his phone, as family safety seems to be blocking it. We can't fix it, and nobody here has been able to help. I thought I'd try to remove him from the family group, but when I try to do that get: You’ll need...
  7. Family settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family settings: So the family settings where not working. I took off a time restriction hours ago and then when I went to check it it said something like “something went wrong are you connected to the internet?” I figured I’d reset the computer and look if it worked. It didn’t work at all so...
  8. Family Settings

Family Settings: Hi I have my stepson listed as a member in our family so we can control his screen time and he is down as a child/standard user on his pc and I'm down as the administrator Is there anyway you can disable the pin entry setting for everytime he wants to install something as...
  9. Trying to Manage Family Settings

Trying to Manage Family Settings: For weeks, I've been trying to manage a family member's settings which can only be done online now. I keep getting the following error message Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else. Can...
  10. Family Settings

Family Settings: The Microsoft Family program seems to automatically lock me out at 5 minutes after time is "gifted". I play a permadeath game which causes me to die and I frantically have to log in in order to not die. I've put so many hours into my characters and having them die...