Windows 10: Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears

Discus and support Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to temporarily use my personal laptop for my first week at a new company while waiting for a delayed delivery of my new company laptop. Now I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MGmbl-Tex#7, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears

I had to temporarily use my personal laptop for my first week at a new company while waiting for a delayed delivery of my new company laptop. Now I'm trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop. When I go to Settings/Accounts/Access work or school, "Disconnect" does not appear

:)

MGmbl-Tex#7, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop)

Hi Luis,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To remove a disconnected device from your Microsoft account follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to
      http://account.live.com

2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Click on Devices.
    4. You will see the list of devices connected with your account. Find the device that you want to remove.
    5. Click on More actions and select,
      Remove laptop to remove the laptop.
    6. Click on the check box I’m ready to remove this device
      and then click Remove.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears

How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears

1. Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears - Similar Threads - Trying remove Microsoft

2. Removing my child's account from my work laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing my child's account from my work laptop: Ever done a stupid thing? I have. I innocently added my child's Micrsoft account to a profile in Edge, not realising that doing so means that the account is now associated with Windows. Great. Now I can't remove it. It is listed under 'Email & Accounts', but there is no...
  3. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop: I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that job. I don't have access to that account anymore, or the work email it was built-on.Every time I start my laptop, it tells me...
  4. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop: I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that job. I don't have access to that account anymore, or the work email it was built-on.Every time I start my laptop, it tells me...
  5. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Remove Microsoft account from laptop

Remove Microsoft account from laptop: Hi all, We recently bought a new laptop Dell for school and linked it to my Microsoft Account without issue. Unfortunately, our child does not want to view documents that we save on another laptop HP which is also linked to my MS account, and wants the laptop for his...
  7. Laptop not working - removing from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not working - removing from Microsoft account: I recently bought a new laptop for my son's home-schooling and added it to my Microsoft account 365,etc. On completing set-up it was apparent the laptop was faulty and was sent back to repairs. I've now been informed it's not repairable. I have no access to the laptop now...
  8. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  9. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  10. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...