Windows 10: Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install -

Discus and support Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install - in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Forum.After a recent re-install which went badly due to an undiscovered hardware fault - now resolved I was left with a whole bunch on Windows.old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Annie_M56, May 12, 2021.

1. Annie_M56 Win User

Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install -

Hi Forum.After a recent re-install which went badly due to an undiscovered hardware fault - now resolved I was left with a whole bunch on Windows.old folders about 5 versions containing the old/failed Windows structures. I was able to delete all my old files from the last 2, but the System files Program, Common, Windows etc. folders. Try as I might these remaining files will not delete due to file & folder permissions. I have tried using the File Explorer delete options, but am prevented fom taking ownership, also tried taking ownership & deleting using CMD as administr

:)

Annie_M56, May 12, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 12, 2021
  3. Installation Problems

so did it install any files? check in add/remove programs and see if its listed there,if it is removbe it and reboot and try again good luck*Toast :toast:

Athlon2K15, May 12, 2021
  4. Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install -

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install -

1. Trying to remove 'old' system files after a re-install - - Similar Threads - Trying remove 'old'

2. Remove old operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove old operating system: I need to free up some SSD space. The folders on the disk do not explain why the SSD is nearly full. When it boots there is a choice of Win 10 and 11, but only Win 10 works, 11 goes into an error. How can I get rid of one to free up space on the SSD?...
  3. Remove old operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old operating system: I need to free up some SSD space. The folders on the disk do not explain why the SSD is nearly full. When it boots there is a choice of Win 10 and 11, but only Win 10 work, 11 goes into an error. How can I get rid of one to free up space on the SSD?...
  4. Remove old operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove old operating system: I need to free up some SSD space. The folders on the disk do not explain why the SSD is nearly full. When it boots there is a choice of Win 10 and 11, but only Win 10 work, 11 goes into an error. How can I get rid of one to free up space on the SSD?...
  5. Re-installed windows and can't remove old gamepass folder on different SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installed windows and can't remove old gamepass folder on different SSD: My SSD died so i had to use my old one, re-installed windows on it and tried to 'restore' my games thinking it would be as easy as steam, but it appears that isn't possible with gamepass games.On my old ssd with Win 11, i had the install folder on my secondary M.2 SSD so all...
  6. Re-installed windows and can't remove old gamepass folder on different SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-installed windows and can't remove old gamepass folder on different SSD: My SSD died so i had to use my old one, re-installed windows on it and tried to 'restore' my games thinking it would be as easy as steam, but it appears that isn't possible with gamepass games.On my old ssd with Win 11, i had the install folder on my secondary M.2 SSD so all...
  7. Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer": So every single tutorial tells you to change ownership of the file you're trying to delete going through properties. And for Windows 10 they say click on the change button next to the name TrustedInstaller. 2 years ago this would have worked, it would have opened a small...
  8. Old files will not be removed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old files will not be removed.: I am using Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop computer.I have found a whole load of files on my Hard Drive pic 1 that i thought was deleted a long time ago, when i deleted the software.They, or it Legacy Games, are not listed on my installed program list, so i cannot delete them that...
  9. Removing old files

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing old files: I have clone a drive to an SSD Drive, how can I remove the Windows files from the old drive without formatting it. 47829
  10. Old Windows left after re-install

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Windows left after re-install: I had to reinstall Win10 Pro 64 after boot sector failure. I have been left with a Directory in my C drive containing a huge amount of Windows files etc named 'Windows.old' this contains the following directories, 'Program Files, Recovery (empty), Users and Windows. This...