Windows 10: Trying to repeat my custom Win 10 with Home instead of Pro fails

Discus and support Trying to repeat my custom Win 10 with Home instead of Pro fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to repeat my custom build using WSIM and DISM and SysPrep with Oracle VMs. Everything seems to go okay but when I try to install the resulting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Trying to repeat my custom Win 10 with Home instead of Pro fails

Trying to repeat my custom build using WSIM and DISM and SysPrep with Oracle VMs. Everything seems to go okay but when I try to install the resulting ISO files on a Oracle VM I get this:

Trying to repeat my custom Win 10 with Home instead of Pro  fails [​IMG]

The install.wim is 5GB, the Pro install.wim was 7GB. I expected a difference but not that much. I have a feeling sysprep is not completing successfully though the VM does shutdown as it's supposed to. I don't rremember how long sysprep should run (don't remember how long it ran for Pro).

dism /capture-image takes a long time as it did for Pro.
    oscdimage was quicker but the install.wim is smaller so I would expect that.

Any suggestions on how to go about troubleshooting this? I'll be working on real hardware tomorrow instead of a Oracle VM, see if that makes a difference.

Edit: I'm using the same autounattend.xml for Home as I did for Pro so it should be okay.
    unattend.xml is also the same.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2019

2. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Aug 7, 2019
  3. PhilC985 Win User
    Trying to upgrade to Win 10 Pro

I have Win 10 Home on my Lenovo laptop. I bought a Win 10 Pro For OEM software pack to upgrade to Win 10 Pro but my system didn’t accept the 25 character prod key. What should I do?

I’m trying to install the upgrade via DVD (which came with the pack) but I noticed it said during the process that it would install Win 10 Home on my laptop but I already have that. Any suggestions ?

PhilC985, Aug 7, 2019
  4. obby53 Win User

Repeated windows 10 downloads failed.

Windows 10 download failed according to the updates list. Windows 10 downloads failed three times yesterday the 28th and four times today.

Updates list Windows 10 failed to download. I followed the suggested links to find out why, to no avail.

80240020 is the error code.

Obby

obby53, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to repeat my custom Win 10 with Home instead of Pro fails - Similar Threads - Trying repeat custom

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  3. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  4. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY: Brand-new-just-out-of-the-box Win 10 Home system. * Activate/Upgrade -> MS Store -> Win 10 Pro -> Buy -> Install. Error 0x80070005 * Reboot "Win 10 Enterprise" yeah, NOT Win 10 Pro not activated. Error 0xC004C003 [Currently: Reinstalling Win 10 Home] Questions:...
  5. Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.: I mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro and now my windows won't activate. The activation troubleshoot directs me to the MS Store but there I don't have the option to install Pro and I don't have a key since it's a digital license attached to my account....
  6. Please help: Trying to upgrade to Win 10 Pro 20.04 repeatedly fails with...

Please help: Trying to upgrade to Win 10 Pro 20.04 repeatedly fails with...: Hello support community, I'm trying to upgrade a Windows 10 Pro installation on my workstation from 19.09 to 20.04 using Windows10Upgrade9252.exe. Installation seems to work fine for quite some time, but in the end repeatedly fails with error code 0x8007001F, and the...
  7. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  8. inadvertant installation of Win 10 Pro instead of Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    inadvertant installation of Win 10 Pro instead of Home: While trying to reinstall Win 10 Home on this computer, I mistakenly chose Win 10 Pro. Now I am unable to go back and reinstall Home. Pro seems to be locked in and since this computer wasn't set up as a Pro box, I am not able to activate. I've changed the registry values...
  9. Got Win 10 Home instead of Pro

Got Win 10 Home instead of Pro: Have a HP Spectre x2 laptop/tablet that came with Win 8 OEM installed, updated it to Win 8.1 Pro with one of my MSDN keys and all was Ok. Just recently upgraded to Win 10 and expected to get Win 10 Pro but got Win 10 Home. Don't know if anyone has seen this before but would...
  10. Windows 10 Home instead of Pro

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro: Hi, I'm having an issue trying to install Windows 10 PRO. Right now I have a 7 home version pre-installed, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key. When I download W10 form Microsoft website and create the bootable device, after starting the...