Windows 10: Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...

Discus and support Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I was resetting my laptop (ASUS zenbook, windows 10) to factory setting, and during the process it asked me if I want to clear TMP files by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amber_0502, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...

Hi,

I was resetting my laptop (ASUS zenbook, windows 10) to factory setting, and during the process it asked me if I want to clear TMP files by pressing F12 or continue by pressing ESC. I pressed F12 and since then, its been on this weird loop where it starts, shows its powering up, flashes to a blue screen that says "installing updates 64%" (very briefly, can barely read it) and then restarts again. Its been on this loop for almost 12 hours now. I

pressed the power button to turn it on and off, but that didn't change anything.

Not sure what to do at all. Thanks!

:)

amber_0502, Nov 11, 2019
  2. ian macca Win User

CLEAR TMP

I reset asus laptop all good, it rebooted and asked do i want to clear the TPM I pressed f12, laptop now stuck on black screen with dots going around in circles this has been going on for 17 + hours, what do i do,

Thanks for any help

ian macca, Nov 11, 2019
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Nov 11, 2019
  4. michael Win User

Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

Hi guys,

I was doing reset my Windows 10 Dell 5559 laptop to factory Setting.

got this message after screen had stuck on 99% during reset the message displayed is

"A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.

Press F12 or Volume Up to clear the TPM Press ESC or Volume Down to reject the change request and continue"

I tried a lot to know what it is actually ,but failed to understand

I just don't know whether to press F12 or ESC, and what if I press ESC is it ok?

(please advise , the laptop is running since 8 hours.)

Thanks

michael, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...

1. Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over... - Similar Threads - Trying reset laptop

2. Windows 10made a request to clear TMP but the screen is frozen and cannot press ESC to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10made a request to clear TMP but the screen is frozen and cannot press ESC to...: Cannot restart windows 10 after a confrigurztion change request to clear the TPM as the screen is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10made-a-request-to-clear-tmp-but-the/4557e953-8ef1-4f2b-88e9-fe6b0fb4010e
  3. Windows 10made a request to clear TMP but the screen is frozen and cannot press ESC to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10made a request to clear TMP but the screen is frozen and cannot press ESC to...: Cannot restart windows 10 after a confrigurztion change request to clear the TPM as the screen is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10made-a-request-to-clear-tmp-but-the/4557e953-8ef1-4f2b-88e9-fe6b0fb4010e
  4. Windows 10made a request to clear TMP but the screen is frozen and cannot press ESC to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. lag when Press F12 boot option

lag when Press F12 boot option: Hi i have problem when i want to enter boot option to install windows when i press f12 its lag and freeze for some reason how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-press-f12-boot-option/85c92684-7200-4645-b047-68b816a62230
  6. I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop

I reset my laptop and now it’s stuck in a boot loop: My laptop wasn’t functioning properly so I reset it because there was nothing important as it was fairly new and I hoped to solve it as I knew what program was causing it but I couldn’t uninstall it. I reset it and everything seemed to be going fine at first and then it got...
  7. i pressed on f12 and choosed diagnostics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i pressed on f12 and choosed diagnostics: i pressed on f12 and choosed diagnostics during verification initially this message Appears The mouse not active during testing i download the drivers for mouse from Dell Website but the problem is still also i updates the windows 10 At the end of the verification...
  8. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  9. tmp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  10. Tried to reset laptop and now will not load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried to reset laptop and now will not load: Hi all i have a lenovo ideapad100s. I was hoping to sell it so to ensure that none of personal things were on i tried to reset. After it got to 39% it said it couldnt reset and no files were changes however i then had the black screen with cursor. Ive got to the...