Windows 10: Trying to reset my Downloads folder

Discus and support Trying to reset my Downloads folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before I updated the OS so it’s supported, my Downloads folder was sorted so that the newest files were shown at the top. I have tried to make it that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steviebabs2685, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Trying to reset my Downloads folder

Before I updated the OS so it’s supported, my Downloads folder was sorted so that the newest files were shown at the top. I have tried to make it that way again, but Windows keeps refreshing it so that file folders are at the top. How can I sort it without having to group it so that the newest files I download show up at the top?

Steve

:)

Steviebabs2685, Aug 29, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 29, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Trying to reset my Downloads folder

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Trying to reset my Downloads folder

1. Trying to reset my Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Trying reset Downloads

2. I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder...: I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder but at 30% it shows an Error 0x80010135, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-extract-a-zipped-game-file-from-the/932505f4-fe0e-4a54-bece-5118b71cd83d
  3. I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder...: I'm trying to extract a zipped game file from the downloads folder to the downloads folder but at 30% it shows an Error 0x80010135, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-extract-a-zipped-game-file-from-the/932505f4-fe0e-4a54-bece-5118b71cd83d
  4. Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up opened my Folders, and tried to download something onto there: Hello everyone, Last night I was on a site that I usually use from time to time to read comics, and when I clicked on one to read, it opened a new tab and was telling me that there was a new Media player update ready. Then my File Explorer app opened to my downloads wanting...
  5. My Browsers freeze when I try to open "Downloads" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Browsers freeze when I try to open "Downloads" folder: So when I try to upload some files, a new smaller window opens,and however I try to open the "Downloads" folder, whether via standard explorer rotue, or quick access, the browser always freezes! I have done this a billion times on previous Windows versions, but this only...
  6. My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My downloads folder display settings keep resetting.: No other folders. Just the Downloads folder keeps going back to grouping them by "date modified" and displaying as "details" I want large icons and no grouping. But it resets every time I close the file explorer....
  7. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  8. Trying to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset my laptop: ok so basically i bought a laptop secondhand off of a guy. he didnt delete his stuff, so i need to. Ive tried doing a factory reset to my laptop but it says i have to delete some stuff because its taking up too much space. i dont understqnd why id have to delete stuff if im...
  9. My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder: I seem to have duplication of folders. Under "This PC" I have a normal looking folder structure and clicking on those folders takes me to the appropriate files. For example: "This PC > Documents" has "Acrobat, Adobe, and AirDroid" as the first three folders. If i navigate to...
  10. Trying to reset My PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset My PC: I built my PC a while ago and have Windows 10 as my OS. Over the years, I have collected a lot of files I no longer use. Instead of deleting practically everything off of it, I wanna do a factory reset so I can just reinstall the few things I use. However, when I try to use...