Windows 10: trying to reset pc

Discus and support trying to reset pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About a month ago I had to download some software for school but didn't have enough room to download it on my C: drive. After a lot of frustration I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by connorfarrell8, Jan 7, 2022.

1. trying to reset pc

About a month ago I had to download some software for school but didn't have enough room to download it on my C: drive. After a lot of frustration I found a video for rerouting files through the registry editor and I did what the video said. Now my basic processes like task manager and control panel don't open and my computer is very slow. I thought maybe if i reset the pc it would fix the problem but each time I try nothing happens at all. Is there an easy way to reset my pc even if the option in the settings isn't working?

:)

connorfarrell8, Jan 7, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 7, 2022
  3. EarthDog Win User
    1070 Overheat Crash x(

Yes try it again... lol... we were waiting for that!

You have steps listed....try to find a another pc to try...try to reset the bios and see if that for some reason would help. But yes, try putting it back in. If not, id say rma time.

EarthDog, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

trying to reset pc

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

trying to reset pc

1. trying to reset pc - Similar Threads - trying reset

2. How can I recover or reset my Window password? I've tried all the fill-in boxes but end up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I recover or reset my Window password? I've tried all the fill-in boxes but end up...: I don't always get the code to continue. I've filled in the form that wants previous email addresses and email titles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-or-reset-my-window-password-ive/3a170f81-ccda-4dbc-aef1-0a2cd6c71954
  3. How can I recover or reset my Window password? I've tried all the fill-in boxes but end up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover or reset my Window password? I've tried all the fill-in boxes but end up...: I don't always get the code to continue. I've filled in the form that wants previous email addresses and email titles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-or-reset-my-window-password-ive/3a170f81-ccda-4dbc-aef1-0a2cd6c71954
  4. How can I recover or reset my Window password? I've tried all the fill-in boxes but end up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...

I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...: Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reset-my-hp-laptop-when-i-tried-to-get/e3c8a138-c623-4efe-b4c0-5cfbc9d0f637
  6. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  7. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  8. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

9. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  10. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...