Windows 10: Trying to reset windows but having troubles

Discus and support Trying to reset windows but having troubles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently I downloaded cheat engine and it also downloaded a ton of crap on my pc like chromium and other stuff that I don’t want to touch, so I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joshua01212, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Trying to reset windows but having troubles

So recently I downloaded cheat engine and it also downloaded a ton of crap on my pc like chromium and other stuff that I don’t want to touch, so I just uninstalled all of it. But after I uninstalled it my pc just all of the sudden got laggier and glitched a lot so I just decided to wipe windows clean, but I have a few questions

I built my pc and I have reset it before but I never have had this much trouble. I want to reset the drive clean but I keep getting a message that says I have to put in a usb drive for an installation of windows.

Do I need a usb for this? I’ve looked all over for a usb drive and I can’t find it. Can I just install windows off the internet to my pc?

submitted by /u/Joshua01212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joshua01212, Dec 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 22, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 22, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Trying to reset windows but having troubles

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Trying to reset windows but having troubles

1. Trying to reset windows but having troubles - Similar Threads - Trying reset having

2. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  3. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  4. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  6. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  7. Having trouble resetting my Windows 10 PC..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble resetting my Windows 10 PC..: [ATTACH] When I get to this page: https://preview.redd.it/b9zj1yokj1c51.png?width=513&format=png&auto=webp&s=654ebebc483c95a74e04664352165f48c93c9bdf And click on Troubleshoot, this page opens up:...
  8. Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset: Hi! I am having trouble resetting my windows PC. Every time I have attempted to do a reset I have gotten the message "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." I tried the resetting it four times in a row and I keep getting the same message. I than...
  9. I'm having lots of trouble trying to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm having lots of trouble trying to activate windows: Today i spent about half an hour talking to Microsoft support to try and enable my pc to activate, and when using windows powershell and the 'slmgr -upk' command, we got this error code https://imgur.com/a/mu4lmb4 and this error code https://imgur.com/a/jWwX9en. I've been...
  10. I have trouble to reset my window

I have trouble to reset my window: I tried multiple fixes and still getting”your Pc did not start correctly” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-trouble-to-reset-my-window/c2a7e5ab-d29d-49b6-9fe7-0754d3fb4892