Windows 10: Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop

Discus and support Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happens to me quite often. I have a Dell Latitide 12 with Windows 10 Pro installed. Sometimes when I want to resize a tile, I right click it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elaguila64, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop

This happens to me quite often. I have a Dell Latitide 12 with Windows 10 Pro installed. Sometimes when I want to resize a tile, I right click it and as soon as I highlight resize it will exit to a blank desktop even though I am in tablet mode. Also when I click a tile and try to drag it to where i want to move it to, it will exit to blank desktop even though I am in tablet mode. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

elaguila64, Mar 8, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

howdo i change the desktop icons on 10 mine are the size of quarters

Are you talking the Desktop or the Start screen?

On the Start screen right click the tile and resize.

On the desktop right click a blank space and on the popup View and pick what size you want.

lacrumb, Mar 8, 2017
  3. howto lock the start screen so the tiles remain the way I set them insted of the default

when setting up the start screen and moving the tiles around and sizing them the way I want them, when I get back to the start screen the tiles resize and repostiton back to the original configuration

captnbob22, Mar 8, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop

Use Group Policy Editor.
    Go to Start/Search and type gpedit.msc, right click the gpedit results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated group Poicly window go to
    Local Group Policy Editor :: User Configuration :: Administrative Templates :: Start Menu and Taskbar :: Start Layout . If Enabled, you can disable it to unlock the tiles to arrange them. Once you have arranged the tiles as you like, you can return here to Lock the tile screen.

spunk, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Thanks. I will try that when I get home

elaguila64, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop

1. Trying to resize or move start screen tiles goes to blank desktop - Similar Threads - Trying resize move

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank Tiles on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Tiles on Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hi folks This has been like this for a few months now, but I'd like to try fix it. I've a couple of apps that just don't have icons; they display as blank in the Start Menu....
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  7. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  8. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  9. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437