Windows 10: Trying to restore and recover from external drive

Discus and support Trying to restore and recover from external drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Hope you can help. Have followed a number of possibilities hoping to solve my problem. The most accurate yet goes back to December 5, 2017 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andy-Bearlover, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Trying to restore and recover from external drive

Hi All,

Hope you can help. Have followed a number of possibilities hoping to solve my problem. The most accurate yet goes back to December 5, 2017 and the information given by DaveM121.

I am having the same problem as Amyoberlies - unfortunately when I am in safe mode, I am not being given option to back up data, only to go back and restore from Windows 7, which then does nothing.

I have tried the many ways given to rectify, even reset, and then tells me there was an error and can't complete.

I can after signing in, eventually after a very long wait get to the home screen which is black background, and shows all files on desktop. When I click on the start button, nothing happens at all. When I click on the folder icon to go into explorer, eventually it tells me that path/location doesn't exist. I also can't get on the internet, which if I could, I could then hopefully do a restore from Google sync. And to add to the huge list of complications, if I can get windows to see my external hard drive, I should be able to restore from there too. Add to that, I can't find the recovery/rescue/boot disk to re-install.

I realise this is possibly a complete "fubar" and the answer is to go buy a new laptop, but any help if only to retrieve all the data on there will be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

Andy

Hope you can help me

:)

Andy-Bearlover, Nov 7, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Macazine Win User

Trying to restore and recover from external drive

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Trying to restore and recover from external drive

1. Trying to restore and recover from external drive - Similar Threads - Trying restore recover

2. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  3. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  4. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Recover back up from an external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover back up from an external drive: Dear All,My Laptop had a problem with the screen and it needed to be changed, before taking it to the service center i backed it up on an external hard driveCan you please help me on how to recover from the hard drive?...
  6. Restoring backup from an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring backup from an external drive: Hello everyone! So I recently backed up my hard drive to an external drive before reinstalling Windows 10. Now that I am backed up, how can I restore the data back to its original place on my hard drive? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/xnmvenom [link] [comments]...
  7. Restoring from File History on an external drive to a new external drive

Restoring from File History on an external drive to a new external drive: I have a computer including an external drive (which contains all the photos). These two things have been backed up to another external drive using File History. So far so good. Now, the drive containing the photos has been damaged and can not be used anymore. This means, I...
  8. restore files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore files from external drive: how to restore my files and programs after resetting windows 10? I backed up everything on an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-from-external-drive/10bb8695-d55c-41d5-9b2e-e0655b212d2a"
  9. Trying to restore from an external image.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to restore from an external image.: so i just got a new bigger nvme for my razer 15 inch and i made an image of the old drive, but when i use my windows install media on a usb to restore, it says i have to make a windows indtalation disc or system repair disk and then boot from it, but i already have. This...
  10. Restoring from external hard drive

Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...