Windows 10: Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

Discus and support Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Onedrive is no longer installled it states "Can't move because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected access denied." Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Koolbreeze4201, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

Onedrive is no longer installled it states "Can't move because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected access denied." Any ideas on how to do this?

:)

Koolbreeze4201, Jun 11, 2024
  2. bofhlusr Win User

Can't restore Documents folder to default location

AFTER deleting the OneDrive app (Office 2013) and making a copy of the contents to another drive I noticed that my documents are now actually saving in: ===>c:\users\admin\documents\onedrive\documents. Again, this is after I had deleted the OneDrive program and making a copy of the contents of My documents in the OneDrive cloud. I tried to move the documents and also restore to the default location at: ===> c:\users\admin\documents ... but when I try to do that, I get an error: "The folder can't be move here Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." So how do I restore the Documents folder to each default location? I'd appreciate suggestions or a link to a solution. Thanks. EDIT: Never mind. Found a batch file which worked with the registry. Solved. Here's the solution: Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

bofhlusr, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it asks if I want to create a documents folder, then I get the do you want to move all items which I agree to, but then I get an error message. The error message states the folder can't be moved. The full dialog is "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."

I have full control under security and there is no other document folder in Users/Marc/.

Any suggestions on how I can get the default document folder back and just use OneDrive backup so that it can be used strictly as a cloud backup for my document folder?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Marc Myers, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

removing onedrive from default file/folder location .

1. Click the OneDrive icon in your System Tray.
    2. Click the 'More' ellipsis at the bottom, then select 'Settings'
    3. Click the 'Auto Save' tab, then the 'Update Folders' button
    4. Turn off protection for all folders

This should restore the folders to their default location under your Profile folder. If not, use the 'Retore Default' button found on the
    Location tab of each folder's Properties dialog.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

1. Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Trying restore folder

2. Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive: Onedrive is no longer installled it states "Can't move because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected access denied." Any ideas on how to do this?...
  3. Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to restore folder to default location because of OneDrive: Onedrive is no longer installled it states "Can't move because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected access denied." Any ideas on how to do this?...
  4. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  5. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  6. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?

How to restore default location of Documents folder, after uninstalling OneDrive?: After uninstalling OneDrive, Windows refuses to let me restore the user Documents folder back to the original location.I am doing so by clicking on the "Restore Default" button from the Properties menu, on the This PC > Documents folder:First, it tells me the folder does not...
  8. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  9. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...
  10. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...