Windows 10: trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

Discus and support trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; system is either 1903 or 1909 i honestly didn't look at what update has done since i installed over my Win7Pro... when i run system restore i get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wesvwap, May 24, 2020.

1. wesvwap Win User

trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

system is either 1903 or 1909 i honestly didn't look at what update has done since i installed over my Win7Pro...

when i run system restore i get the error blah blah blah disk is too small. Replace with a larger disk blah blah blah....

Why exactly am i getting this error...

i need command level details cause i've tried everything ... and i've read every post on this issue... and i mean everything....

I'm down and this is really just not acceptable...

:)

wesvwap, May 24, 2020

2. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC

I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3)

BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID.

In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA.

In AHCI there are again the same options i.e. Before PATA and Behind PATA.

In RAID there are options: (SATA pri., PATA sec.) , (PATA pri., SATA sec.) , (PATA only) , (SATA only)

I know how to convert IDE to AHCI (without boot faliure)...

Which option should I use for fastest performance, also please search and tell if my motherboard supports SATA 3 or not !!

Tell me the full config under this !! PLEASE !!

DeepakThePathak, May 24, 2020
  3. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

Hi InfernoWolf19

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Please try the following steps as described here:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-d...

I would advise that you back up your system before doing so:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, May 24, 2020
  4. trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

No SATA settings in Bios

I installed a SSD in my dell computer and I want to change the SATA settings to AHCI - problem is I am unable to find where to change that setting in the BIOS. In fact, no where does it even mention SATA. I've tried all the suggestions of going to the
    registry and changing the values - but again there is no where in the BIOS that I can find to change the SATA.

Any help would be appreciated.

charleswaterfeet, May 24, 2020
Thema:

trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

1. trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup - Similar Threads - trying restore image

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME: Ok guys another conundrum, but this isnt a critical issue rather something that would be nice to fix. So I was temporarily without my m.2 drive, and windows 10 was actually originally installed on a spare SATA SSD I had. When my m.2 stick was available again, I backed up...
  5. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected SATA with IDE Settings: I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3) BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID. In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA. In AHCI there are again the same options...
  6. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  7. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  8. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  9. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...
  10. Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge: Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from appearing in Device Manager. Also the SATA drive appeared as named device, then Local drive or disappeared completely. I...